anyone with a webcam agent v4?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
not sure if this belongs here, but I just ordered an Agent V4 webcam for my mac mini a week or so back and just got it. http://cgi.ebay.com/aGent-V4-3-0MP-C...lenotsupported

There isn't much reviews on it cept for 2 on youtube, but has anyone else tried this? I can't seem to get the in built MIC to work well. It's very low and pretty much useless, unless im doing something wrong. Is there a way to adjust it? Video quality is good but another big issue is that when i record, frame rate drops to about 5FPS when recording. But when i play the recording, it looks a perfect 30-40FPS. It just drops when i hit record, which is weird.

Lastly, i think there is a slight design flaw with this webcam. I have to tilt it slightly in order for it to level out. It isn't a big issue, just the in built MIC doesn't work well (unless i'm doing something wrong) and the drop in frame rate when recording only. It does come with a seperate clip on MIC but i bought this hoping the in built mic would work just fine.

Anyone else have a chance to get this webcam, please send me some feedback.

John

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jizzle32jizzle32 Posts: 11member
    anyone know? maybe i'm using the wrong software? how good is quicktime pro?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jizzle32jizzle32 Posts: 11member
    UPDATE: just downloaded quicktime pro and it works beautifully when recording. Built in MIC is okay, but if you use the added clip, you get a huge jump in audio.