Safari 4 Beta problems

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Not sure if this is the right forum for this... I installed Safari 4 beta on a Powerbook using OS 4.11 and had problems using the software update control panel to install the 19.1 Mb security update. It would not update Safari 4 and kept showing the update available after I ran it. So I decided to use the uninstaller but that would not work. It told me that I could not downgrade as I did not have a restorable version. I had to go to another Mac and copy Safari 3 over. Now the Safari 3 updater says I have a newer version installed and can not update. The software update panel still thinks I have Safari 4 beta installed and asks me if I want to install the 19.1 Mb security update. If there will be updates to version 3, I fear, I may not be able to install them. My Powerbook's graphic card does not support quartz extreme and I may not be able to fully use Safari 4. How do I completely get rid of any references to Safari 4 beta?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Safari installs a new WebKit so you have to get rid of that or if you can't easily, reinstall the OS OVER your current one. Sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    pismo500pismo500 Posts: 11member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Safari installs a new WebKit so you have to get rid of that or if you can't easily, reinstall the OS OVER your current one. Sorry.

Where is the WebKit located? Thanks!