MAC OS X.2.4 & X.3

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Why is there nothing but silence enveloping these two updates? Normally people talk about them frequently before a release giving us tidbits of information like people do about gifts before the holidays. But no one is saying anything. Are the people who knew these things duct taped to the floor by Uncle Steve, or are the updates not a significant as 10.2? It would be nice if the people in the know would throw us all a bone. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    No one cares much about a 10.2.x update, and Panther is a long way off. Maybe in the summer...but we've got a whole season and a half to get through before we're there, so you'll have to wait a while.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    From what I have noticed recently, .0.1 updates tend to only be discussed one maybe two weeks before release while with .1 updates, talk tends to surface further out as more testing is needed for them. However, given how Apple has been working on clamping down on security, I think we might have to wait longer before details emerge on 10.3.

That said, has anyone actually run across anything solid about 10.3 other than educated guesses?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    henriokhenriok Posts: 537member
    I'm not hoping to see or hear anything about 10.3 until WWDC this spring. In perfectly happy with 10.2.3 and the upomming 10.2.4 isn't that exciting.. the usual security patched, bug fixes, optimizations and the occational new but rarely seen new feature.