iTunes 8.2 update

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Just updated to iTunes 8.2 yesterday and I have noticed now while synching and charging my iPhone, the battery indicator is showing charged (plug) but the battery indication is still showing a lightning bolt. I have kept an eye on it for 1/2 hour now and nothing has changed. Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MassMacMini View Post

Just updated to iTunes 8.2 yesterday and I have noticed now while synching and charging my iPhone, the battery indicator is showing charged (plug) but the battery indication is still showing a lightning bolt. I have kept an eye on it for 1/2 hour now and nothing has changed. Anyone else notice this?

[waving hands like the penguins from the Madagascar movie] You didn't see anything...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    got same problem here...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Our problem is even worse. Few days ago my sons bought an iPod Touch 8GB each. Getting these recognised in iTunes on my MacBook Pro (10.4.11) went fine. Charging worked fine as well.

Then a couple of days ago I updated iTunes to 8.2 as well. Now, the iPods don't launch at all in iTunes or desktop, nor do they charge. However, my old iPod Classic 160GB loads and charges fine in 8.2 (and has never had problems before, either).

I wondered that because I have an old OSX (10.4.11) that there is a problem between OSX and iTunes. Anyone?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johan Siebke View Post

Our problem is even worse. Few days ago my sons bought an iPod Touch 8GB each. Getting these recognised in iTunes on my MacBook Pro (10.4.11) went fine. Charging worked fine as well.

Then a couple of days ago I updated iTunes to 8.2 as well. Now, the iPods don't launch at all in iTunes or desktop, nor do they charge. However, my old iPod Classic 160GB loads and charges fine in 8.2 (and has never had problems before, either).

I wondered that because I have an old OSX (10.4.11) that there is a problem between OSX and iTunes. Anyone?

Ok, I will answer my own question here (which is not an answer to the original post, I assume).

Running OSX 10.4.11 and iTunes 8.2 the iPod Touch will not be recognised if iTunes is already opened. However, if I connect the iPod via usb first, then open iTunes it will be recognised in iTunes and charging, syncing etc behaves as normal. A bit odd but we can live with it.