Career Builder is PURE EVIL,

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I am so upset at the career-builder site right now, they screw every job seeker out there and they do so with a smile:

I posted my updated resume not to long ago and have been gettingt 10+ emails per day wanting me to sell insurance, take a scam training program where I would pay a persentage of my future earnings to them, and then there is the "for profit educating" places that are little more than diploma mills. real people are getting hit with this shit, these mother fuckers prey on the most vulnerable, the jobless! I am a computer pro, I hve spent time tuning spam filters so I know what to look for, but so many wouldnt know the differance between a scam and a real opening.

Not to mention the fact that they try to trick you into signing up for University of Phoenix, the kingpin of the diploma mills. when you post a resume, update it, apply for a job or do practically anything else. Now lets talk about the spam in the job postings...Dice doesn't do that shit, I dont get any scams from any other site...but all the local places work with CB because it is partnered with the local newspaper.

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE CONSUMER ACTIVISTS ON THIS ONE??????

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    I hear you. I was laid off in December and was in search of a job for nearly 2 months. I got the same junk from posting my resume on Career Builder.

Have you heard if www.indeed.com ?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I hear you. I was laid off in December and was in search of a job for nearly 2 months. I got the same junk from posting my resume on Career Builder.

Have you heard if www.indeed.com ?

yup, love it...indeed, dice, CB, Monster, Hotjobs, indiana dpt of eorkforce development portal and a few that escape me at the moment are all daily stops for me...been laid off since Feb 28, had a few interviews this week so maybe not much longer. Un employment has made my parents look really smart, constantly saying "put that money away for a rainy day" boy do I ever appreciate that advice now...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    there's also another job search engine http://www.yourjoblocator.com
  • Reply 4 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

yup, love it...indeed, dice, CB, Monster, Hotjobs, indiana dpt of eorkforce development portal and a few that escape me at the moment are all daily stops for me...been laid off since Feb 28, had a few interviews this week so maybe not much longer. Un employment has made my parents look really smart, constantly saying "put that money away for a rainy day" boy do I ever appreciate that advice now...

Wow. Sorry to hear that a_greer all the best in your job search...