MobileMe problems

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just purchased an iMac. Have been using Intel/Microsoft OS since 1983. Got tired of Microsoft crappy OS and am tired of building my own machines, etc. OK, here is my problem. I can't get MobileMe to acknowledge my email accounts. It thinks the incoming mail server (mail.hughes.net) certificate is invalid. I have checked both the incoming and outgoing server names for HughesNet and both are correct. Moreover, while MobileMe accepts the incoming and outgoing mail servers for my Yahoo account, no mail is coming into MobileMe from that account. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jcbigearsjcbigears Posts: 52member
    Have you tried just acknowledging that the certificates are invalid, and asking it to continue? I got the same message when registering my personal email, and it worked a treat.

John
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcbigears View Post

Have you tried just acknowledging that the certificates are invalid, and asking it to continue? I got the same message when registering my personal email, and it worked a treat.

John

I considered doing this but as an old Microsoft DOS/Windows user, I'm still paranoid about identity theft, mailware problems, viruses, etc. I know this is not supposed to happen with Mac, Unix, Lenix, etc., but old habits die hard.

But thanks for the suggestion. I'll do it.

Mike