UPS Delaying iPhone Delivery

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Checked my tracking number and not only was my iPhone over in KY .. but this was the message on the tracking account:

THE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED

And yes it was in caps even, why are they yelling at me Also note it says the receiver has requested a hold, I most certainly did not, LOL, I'm guessing that was just the easiest way to put the hold in their system.

Kind of odd I thought apple would want to stagger the new iPhones being activated and added to the network, seems like the only staggering happening is those of us getting delivery on pre-orders.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mrochestermrochester Posts: 700member
    The delivery is on hold until Friday when the 3GS is released. Apple aren't going to let you have it any earlier than that!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

The delivery is on hold until Friday when the 3GS is released. Apple aren't going to let you have it any earlier than that!

the odd thing is that they are apparently holding all of them there. ups must be extremely confident about waiting to the last minute to deliver them exactly on the 19th, as many of the units are slated to go to the coasts
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

Yup. Never going to happen.