iPhone 3.0 performance on iPhone 2G and 3G (not 3GS)

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Has iPhone 3.0 software made your the responsiveness of your phone better or worse, or no noticeable change?

Duh, sorry about that typo

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    masklinnmasklinn Posts: 17member
    Mine doesn't feel faster (apart from Safari maybe) but it does feel snappier and more precise in many places: scrolling between screens almost never stutters now, on the iPod overlay (double-click home when music is playing) the prev&next buttons actually activate when I hit them (had to hit slightly above before), ... those are the ones I really noted (along with Safari's UI being much smoother) but I'm sure there are others.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    frykefryke Posts: 217member
    When I open a PDF attachment in an e-mail message, I get a waiting period before I can actually zoom in and pan. Seems like a bug.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    It's snappier and tethering (Maxis network Malaysia) is killer.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    not overly happy with it.. when i get an MMS thru.. i have to look thru my contacts who its from.. doesnt come up with the name.. just the number..

eg: 61 414 000 000... if it was to be +61 414 000 000... it would come up with the name.. (missing the + for the country code....)

Aside from that, all good.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Not surprised at the poll results, even though the only answer is much Snappier. The response of the UI, when enough memory is available, has improved significantly, and Safari performs much better. There are a dozen reasons why I can see many users not recognizing any changes, but thats to be expected.

ie:

"I just upgraded to 3.0 (I also installed 300 more applications right after and restored from a possibly corrupt back up, but I won't mention this in my rant) and it slowed my whole phone downz!"
  • Reply 6 of 6
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Not surprised at the poll results, even though the only answer is much Snappier. The response of the UI, when enough memory is available, has improved significantly, and Safari performs much better.

You're not surprised because that's what yours did as well. Mine did the opposite and so did several people's. Trust me if yours had slowed down, you would be surprised to see that 50% got faster.

Also, the only answer isn't much snappier. It's snappier. The alternative is more sluggist (hehe) and no change. Does that not give a full range of possibilities?