Well, I'm done at MacRumors forums...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I read like 10 news sites regularly, and this site and macrumors have always been two of them. but i am done. The forums there are so full of snarky, whiny, insulting self-righteous pricks I think I will post here form now on. I have been banned again for being insulted and insulting back using the original poster's words. i think that original poster was an admin or something. Anyway, I have always liked the tone here better too. Not sure I waited, but I hope to have discussions here form now on.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    not sure why you think here is any different..
  • Reply 2 of 5
    iansilviansilv Posts: 283member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

not sure why you think here is any different..

Not as much know-it-all snarkiness from people who think it is cool to insult people in every post. At least that has been my experience.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Not snarky here all that much though we all have our bad days.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Tech-heads used to catch quicker ideas and the quintessence of discussed topic. In return for that they usually have hypertrophied self-esteem, they are far less chicken in sounding their opinions and in arguing those of others, than journalists are. And alas! techies often parade their careless English spelling.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    trajectorytrajectory Posts: 647member
    I totally agree with you about Macrumors. The place is moderated so inconsistently and randomly, they are all too willing to boot longtime members who've contributed to the site for years over bullshit bogus accusations they've made up and can't prove.

I've found this site to be better regarding the news, as they actually write their own articles here rather than simply copy-and-pasting from other websites as Macrumors does. As far as the whiny, self-righteous posters, they are here, too, but, not in the large numbers they are on Macrumors. That site has become overrun with idiots, which has rubbed off on the Mods.