iPhone 3G S and multiple PCs

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi Everyone,

I finally took the dive this week and bought myself a shiny new 32GB iPhone 3G S after using an iPod touch 2g since November. I thought it'd be great to be able to consolidate my phone and my iPod into a single device and it's been great so far until today.

I have my iPhone set up so I can manually manage my music and videos, similar to (I thought) the way I had my iPod set up. Today when I got to work and tried to play music off my iPhone through my computer (as I've been doing with my iPod) it had all my music grayed out and told me that the library was already synced with another PC so I couldn't do it.

I figured this was because my Apps were being synced from my PC so today when I got home I disabled the syncing for my Apps (the only thing I had set up for syncing). When I tried to do that, iTunes told me that it had to remove all the Apps and data for those Apps that I had on my phone. I figured that was a necessary evil so I went ahead and did that. Once all the apps were removed I tried to manually copy all my Apps to my iPhone but iTunes wouldn't let me.

Did Apple remove the functionality I'm looking for with the iPhone 3G S and the OS 3.0 update? I really hope not, that'd be a huge turn-off.

Thanks for the help!