Mac mini speed bump

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Where's my 2.4 Ghz Mac mini?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    At least the majority of users will be when SL arrives. If Apple goes to a new generation chip the click might actually roll back a bit. Performance won't roll back though as the new cores are vastly improved.

Either your way or mine don't buy an Apple desk top now. There seems to be a strong feeling in the crowd that Apple will issue some sort of update for the Snow Leopard release. The reality is dual core machines are a huge rip off when you have tech like SL a couple of months away. So I'd say wait until Apple plays it's hand.

Dave
  • Reply 2 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

So I'd say wait until Apple plays it's hand.

Dave

Tsk Tsk Dave...read his sig
  • Reply 3 of 5
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Tsk Tsk Dave...read his sig

In any event I don't really care as this is one of the things that iPhone immediately corrects wether it is wanted or not.

In any event to reiterate now is a very bad time to buy Apple hardware. It would be expected that the hardware will change to better accommodate SL.

Dave
  • Reply 4 of 5
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by the_steve View Post

Where's my 2.4 Ghz Mac mini?

I suspect Apple will do something with the mini when it starts to Snow. The base configuration comes with just one gig of memory, the minimum for Snow Leopard. My guess is they will at least up the base memory, and maybe kick the processor up a notch.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WPLJ42 View Post

I suspect Apple will do something with the mini when it starts to Snow. The base configuration comes with just one gig of memory, the minimum for Snow Leopard. My guess is they will at least up the base memory, and maybe kick the processor up a notch.

and they should add a 9600m to the $800 one.