Multiple user anamolies

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Recently my roommate's HP computer started registering on the university's firewall. In order to keep our port from being turned off I had to promise to keep his computer disconnected until he called them up to resolve the problem. In the mean time I decided to set him up as an additional user of my Quicksilver under OS X.2.4 and some interesting anomolies cropped up.

When he logs in he gets a message that says something along the lines of "You have inserted a disk which contains no volumes that Mac OS X can read." I do not get this message

When he attempts to launch classic it says "Classic startup failed due to an error. (error 1016) I do not get this message and classic runs perfectly for me.

I think those two might have to do with having some sort of privelege setting wrong for him, any ideas?

The third issue leaves me clueless though.

MSN Instant Messenger works perfectly from his OSX login (either MSN login) but from my OSX login it tries to tell me that I'm not connected to the internet even though all other internet apps work fine. Our network and internet settings are the same so I'm clueless for that one.

thanks,

Guartho

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    There's one more thing I forgot. Does anyone know how to get rid of he "other" option in the log-in menu? I only want the users that I have set up to be able to use my computer.