Upgrading early...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I visited my nearest ATT store two days ago and pretended like I didn't know when my upgrade gate was (knowing it was 12/09). I was told the date and it was explained to me that since I didn't have a $99 dollar plan I wasn't eligible for an early upgrade. I responded, "I get it, you need to cover the subsidy first, right". The man looked at me with a big smile and said..."YES, so nice to meet someone who knows and isn't pissed". I smiled and said, "Oh well. By the way I feel like I'm really close to 100 bucks a month, plus I have ATT home service and U-Verse internet. Does that count at all. No biggie, I'm willing to wait if I have to?".

He looked at some stuff on the screen, and told me to hang out for a minute. He went in the back, the Manager came out, she looked at my screen. I told a couple about the other people in the store, made them both laugh. Upshot is, my 3GS is in the mail.

SOO...if you are really cool with them AND you have any other ATT service, you MIGHT get an early upgrade. good luck!