Buying Iphone 3gs from a UK webshop - unsafe?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Good afternoon.

I am willing to buy the new iphone 3gs and was looking around to find prices.

I found this website: digital-deals dot co dot uk

They sell the Iphone 3gs for only 310£ via online order.

I asked them if I cant buy it personally in their shop, they said of course I can but then it would cost 590£ retail price, because "they do deals online."

Their domain name has been registered in 2009.march by an unknown individual.

Whatsoever on http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8131626AAHMO4E (Yahoo answers) someone already asked the community if it is safe and so far 7 ppl said it is from personal experience. BUT all this ppl got registered on yahoo in 2009. jun .

So, it seems like a Scam to me.

What do you think?

Update: on yahoo someone mentions the exactly same thought I had.

So a warning: Keep your eyes open and dont fall for the cheapness.

I am just gonna pay the price and feel safe

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    I see you are new to the board so perhaps you are new to Apple as well. Apple does not discount any of its products for anyone for any reason. An authorized reseller might sell a product for two or three dollars cheaper than list to catch your attention but that is about it. Anyone selling a new Apple product at a significant discount is taking you for a ride and you will not like where you end up.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tetris View Post

They sell the Iphone 3gs for only 310£ via online order.

I asked them if I cant buy it personally in their shop, they said of course I can but then it would cost 590£ retail price, because "they do deals online."

O2 sell the 16GB one for £440 so if they said £590, they are lying. Even the 32GB one is £538.

They are probably selling the 8GB ones for £310 where they are normally £342.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tetristetris Posts: 2member
    Thanks for the fast answers.

Yes, this is going to be my first Iphone.

I currently have a samsung omnia, I was wondering if I wanna buy the new omnia pro or iphone 3gs and after some thinking I have choosen the Iphone.

Probably a good choice hehe