iPod (Product) nano Red

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello,

Has anyone an idea why the brackets with the word "Product" are included in the trade name of this red iPod?

I mean, yeah, it's a product, I wouldn't have had no doubt about that, even if it wasn't written in the name. Or have you ever seen a red service?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    My Reading of it (ie an opinion based on zero research) is that its thru PRODUCTS that the world turns, the only way to get consumers to part with cash to help fight and find a cure for aids is by selling us something.

if thats even partly behind the thinking, then its a sad world that we live in.

try google and wikipedia
  • Reply 2 of 8
    That was Jobs' doing, so that people would understand it was promotional. In the future, red may be offered, but not associated with the charity. That would just be a red ipod.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    i bought my wife one (8gb) but for the color not for the donation or pc
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricksbrain

That was Jobs' doing, so that people would understand it was promotional. In the future, red may be offered, but not associated with the charity. That would just be a red ipod.

but jobs doesnt have any input at motorola, and they have it as (PRODUCT) on their offering, if you actually do some research you will see you are wrong
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot

http://www.joinred.com/more.asp

The page linked here pretty much explains everything, thanks.

I notice that I got the subject of this thread wrong, "(PRODUCT)" and "RED" should stand together at the end of the trade name, as in "iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED. Unfortunately I can't edit the thread title.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    No... I didn't mean he chose the whole name, but he chose to not call it the "red" iPod because it's under the charity. Minor point...
  • Reply 8 of 8
    if thats even partly behind the thinking, then its a sad world that we live in.

ipod-video-converter