^^^^^^

^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^

| | [/CENTER]

• Reply 3 of 21
    Not bad for a non-christian secular humanist pig dog, eh?
  • Reply 4 of 21
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member

OK I cheated a bit, but with 2 cats in the house and the small fact that I threw out my Artificial Tree and all it's decorations just earlier this year (we didn't even bother putting it up last year because of the cats, so we saw it as pointless) that's the only Tree I'm going to keep around.

X-Mas Tree

Sebastian
  • Reply 5 of 21
    I'm thinking about getting a potted palm and throwing some lights on it this weekend. But the actual chances of that going through are quite low.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRR

Man- you need to drink better beer!

True that.

You go to JHU, right? Get some Yuengling, fer chrissakes. I mean, it IS his birthday.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    Ok. I wanted to share these photos. I'm going through scans of old family slides (cleaning and removing dust in Photoshop for a DVD collection) and these showed up. That's my Dad trying to untangle the lights for the tree as my sisters "help" him. My Dad never did like setting up the trees for Christmas, but he did it anyway. Whenever we showed this slide we'd all laugh and my Dad would groan...

Here's another photo of my Mom, Dad and older brother and sisters at my Aunt & Uncle's house in 1960. Mom was pregnant with me at the time. Red shirts (my sisters opted out of that I guess), tops and Xmas cards galore. Christmas overkill! Check those curtains out too.

We still celebrate Christmas, but not with as much flourish as the good old days. My sister will have the Christmas tree honors this year.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    macrrmacrr Posts: 488member
    Dude! you have a very evil samara lookin little sis!
  • Reply 9 of 21
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Now that's bringin' it back.
  • Reply 10 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat

True that.

You go to JHU, right? Get some Yuengling, fer chrissakes. I mean, it IS his birthday.

JHU, at least the one I'm thinking of, is in Baltimore. Until recently that would have meant that he should be buying DeGroens, but Baltimore Brewing Company went under.

But I don't think Shawn goes to JHU. The word on the street is that he's in law school someplace. If it's in PA, then Yuengling should indeed be easy enough to find, but he may be tired of it by now. All I'm saying is that, at $13.50 for a case of 24 bottles and less when it's on sale, he may have gotten tired of the Vitamin-Y. I know I did.
  • Reply 11 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

But I don't think Shawn goes to JHU. The word on the street is that he's in law school someplace. If it's in PA, then Yuengling should indeed be easy enough to find, but he may be tired of it by now. All I'm saying is that, at $13.50 for a case of 24 bottles and less when it's on sale, he may have gotten tired of the Vitamin-Y. I know I did.

Haha exactly to all above points!
  • Reply 12 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat

You go to JHU, right?

Nah...

...when in the other thread i wrote that i talked to the JHU BSU President, I meant I messaged her on facebook and got a nice reply.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    Come on Shawn, drink a man's drink.

Like some JD ;]
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adjective

Come on Shawn, drink a man's drink.

Like some JD ;]

Haha I wasn't drinking anything at that little shindig... I was on painkillers for getting my wisdom teeth out. But I enjoy a LOT of vodka and a good microbrew. Appalachian Brewing Company is a few miles downtown.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRR

Dude! you have a very evil samara lookin little sis!

Heh. I think the new doll she got there has possessed her. She's much better now. She'll be the one in charge of the Family Christmas gathering and she'll always put a 100% into everything. She loves parties and family gatherings.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Great pics Artman. If your mom was pregnant with you in 1960, we must be about the same age. Your pictures brought back a lot of my old Christmas memories.
  • Reply 17 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

Haha I wasn't drinking anything at that little shindig... I was on painkillers for getting my wisdom teeth out. But I enjoy a LOT of vodka and a good microbrew. Appalachian Brewing Company is a few miles downtown.

Ah, wisdom teeth owie.

But the pain killers made that easier.

PS; why am I seeing an ad for "Microsoft adCenter" on here...
  • Reply 18 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

...with 2 cats in the house and the small fact that I threw out my Artificial Tree and all it's decorations just earlier this year (we didn't even bother putting it up last year because of the cats, so we saw it as pointless)...

[/lurk]

Denying your cats prime entertainment? http://www.fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp

edited to note - not my web page, not my cats, not my tree.

[lurk]
  • Reply 19 of 21

Fellows
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Alright.

Show off.