So who got their 17in MBP

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all

I am still waiting for my 17in MBP. I would like to know who got theirs and what they think of it. I went to my local apple resaler and they told me that they can't tell me when it will be in because only around 60 where delivered in North America. I find this a bit hard to beleive. Also I live in Canada and on the Canada Apple Store, they says that the 17in MBPs ship 1-2 buisness days but the same Apple resailer told me they tried ordering one by the store and they keep getting emails from Apple saying the ship date is latter.

Thx

Nic

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I bought mine at the Apple store here in Charlotte on Wednesday. They got a bunch of them in on Tuesday's truck. The clerk told me that they had a long list of people who were now happy they were in, so I doubt that there were only 60 shipped to North America. I had almost reached the point of impatience where I was willing to buy the 15", but after having the 17" for a few days, I'm very glad I waited. The thing is beautiful, fast, and runs cool and quiet. Now I just need to find a bag big enough to hold it!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Glad your enjoying your 17". I cannot recommend a better bag on the market than the STM 'Convertible'.

The padding and protection is quite astonishing. It transforms from shoulder bag into backpack in a matter of seconds and will suit whatever mood your in. If you look at it on their website it doesn't do it justice. Trust me when I say, its nothing short of perfect for the 17" Apple laptop.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    bodebode Posts: 29member
    I got mine last week on monday. I was the very first one to buy 17 on that store here in Houston. It was long wait for me too, considering I have to fly back to Brasil soon. I was really hoping I could get it before that or I would have to buy a 15 which really didn't have the same appeal as this one.

I can't tell you how great this is... you gotta see by yourself! No issues whatsoever... maybe only the fact that I can't work anymore since I'm always playing around with it
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I'm getting the STM Convertible because it's thin. Good to hear that it's well padded. I saw one pic of the interior but the pics online are not that good.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Got mine on Monday here (21st)

Hasn't given me an ounce of pain/problems
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Got the 17" on the 15th and so far a beautiful system. I have added 2 500 barracuda e-sata 2 7200.10 drives via expresscard 34 slot with a WeibeTech E-sata 2 drive connection. OWC e-sata2 drive kit rounds out the storage system. So far, no heat issues at all.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

It transforms from shoulder bag into backpack in a matter of seconds and will suit whatever mood your in

That's good enough for me! I'm going to check them out... thanks!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    tony1tony1 Posts: 259member
    Finally got mine yesterday and she's ohhhh so sweet. Only problem is that it's too big to hide from the boss, but is that really a complaint bahahahaha.