trying to activate final cut 3.0

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi,

I'm trying to install an old final cut pro version (3.0) on a new Imac (with osx tiger) but for some reason the computer won't recognize the serialization code. Anyone know how I can solve this?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Well, that sounds like an innocent-enough question
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Wasn't this why some other posters were recently banned?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Despite the tone of the two people above, this may be an innocent question. When I switched from my old G4 titanium Powerbook to a G5 iMac I couldn't load MY version of FCP 3 that I had been using on the PB. And if I remember correctly, the problem had to do with the serial number (I think, this was over a year ago). I called Apple and they told me that anything below FCP 4 couldn't be run on a G5. I have a PowerPC G5 but I assume it'd be the same with an Intel. I even asked for advice in these forums.

The only solution Apple could give me was to buy a newer version of Final Cut Pro.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by novice1111

Despite the tone of the two people above, this may be an innocent question. When I switched from my old G4 titanium Powerbook to a G5 iMac I couldn't load MY version of FCP 3 that I had been using on the PB. And if I remember correctly, the problem had to do with the serial number (I think, this was over a year ago). I called Apple and they told me that anything below FCP 4 couldn't be run on a G5. I have a PowerPC G5 but I assume it'd be the same with an Intel. I even asked for advice in these forums.

The only solution Apple could give me was to buy a newer version of Final Cut Pro.

Thanks
  • Reply 5 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dovbar71

Thanks

look at Express too because the new express has just about every feature and many more than Pro 3 and it is intel native and it has Real time goodness, and it is cheap,