How to tell if Aluminum or Titanium PB?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi, I'm looking for a new battery for my PB G4 but not sure if I have Aluminum or Titanium? Does it go by model # or yr it was purchased? How do I tell the difference?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Ti books had a darker keyboard and top section and the hinges were the old style not the integrated in the middle type as all the aluminium to mbp/mp have now.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    If it does NOT look like

http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl...g4_1.5_15.html

then you've got a Titanium one. Darker keyboard is the key, as gsxrboy said above. Also the Titanium ones have almost all their ports on the back, whereas the Alu ones have all ports either left or right of the keyboard and none on the back.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I imagine that scraping off or drilling out a sample of the case material and sending it to a lab for chemical analysis is out of the question, huh?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline

I imagine that scraping off or drilling out a sample of the case material and sending it to a lab for chemical analysis is out of the question, huh?

If it looks cool and futuristic...

Is ultra thin...

..and weighs very little.

Then it's the Titanium model. :-)

C.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    the titanium has external hinges for the screen and the aluminums have an integrated hinge.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Lab results just came in. Its 51% Aluminum and 49% Titanium
  • Reply 7 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by plasma

Lab results just came in. Its 51% Aluminum and 49% Titanium

And it's a boy.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

And it's a boy.

It is my opinion that Aluminum is a more feminine metal. Doesn't it sound more feminine to you?