Adobe Illustrator Crashes!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am working on the latest Intel Mac G5 and just installed Adobe CS2. Running it on my old G4 worked fine, but

it seems that Illustrator is now crashing whenever I use the anything in the Pathfinder pallet with the circle tool or any other self created shapes. The other shapes (square, star, etc.) seem to work fine. I've done everything from shutting off every font to repairing permissions in disk utilty. This is a HUGE pain in the ass because I use the Pathfinder all the time! It seems there are a lot of people with the same problem on the Adobe forums. Anyone have any other suggestions any patches? Something?!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I too am working on the latest intel G5. Every time i copy and paste (just to another document) the freakin thing crashes. Anyone else having this problem?!? Has Adobe released any patches for this?... ANNOYING!!!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    Try making sure the appearance pallete is closed. I think you have to make sure it's closed before you launch Illustrator i.e close the palette, quit illustrator and relaunch it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I've since been able to rectify the problems I was having with Illustrator. I was also getting crashes when using the knife tool. I closed every pallet that opens when launching AI and that worked! I guess it's a bit of a hassle, but if you create a customized workspace it's a snap. I certainly recommend turning off all the pallets before quitting AI then upon relaunching just use your customized workspace. Can't wait till CS3.