Need Help With Stock Images

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I'm doing a presentation with Keynote and am trying to find some good stock photography. However, the only decent site I have found so far is the stock.xchng site.

Do any of you have any good websites in mind regarding free stock photos?

Any help would be appreciated. I've never used Keynote before, so this first time is kinda exciting...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    The first time always is...
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Stock photos can be pretty expensive...

You may want to try:

http://www.clipart.com/en/

What is your topic? Some of us might have photos that you could use.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Guybrush - I would recommend istockphoto. You do have to pay for the images, though you'd only need the low res version, they are about $1 each. The site has a huge library.

flick.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    There are a lot of free and royalty free stock photo sites and when I find them I immediately bookmark them. I find that you may have to search for the right image, but it looks far more unique and original than even the high-end commercial images.

Here are some of them I found. Just check out the FAQs and terms on each, because they are all different.

Morguefile.com

Freeimages.co.uk

Geekphilosopher.com's Stock Photos

Pixelperfectdigital.com's Free Stock Photos

Imageafter.com

Stockvault.net

Graphics N Graphic Design Blog has a Links Page of sites with Free Stock Photography.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    You guys are the best, thanks.

The topic is actually pretty simple, my lifetime plan throughout the next 15 years. It's a GE class I should have taken my freshman year, but have held off for my last semester. Gotta love those recreation and leisure classes!

Anyways, thanks again...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Try the Wikimedia Commons. You can't guarantee image quality, but the images are all in the public domain and free, the library is growing fast, too.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    If you can lay your hands on a CS or CS2 disc set, they have a fairly respectable collection on them. The same goes for just about any old Illustrator, or Photoshop disc.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Oh sweet...I have a CS disc set. But which one would it be on?

It's the bundle pack, btw.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Oh sweet...I have a CS disc set. But which one would it be on?

It's the bundle pack, btw.

In the 'Resources and Extras' disc: -->Goodies-->Ilustrator CS2-->Clip Art and Stock Photos

Its a decent little collection.

(I llooked at the CS2 set -- CS s/b the same.)
  • Reply 10 of 10
    i use istockphoto.com