retreiving address from mail

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Does anyone know how tostore the address from teh drop down when you go to send an email in mail. For some reason I dont have these addresses in my address book, but i have hundress of address that show up if i go to send an email. When I go new, and I go to enter the email address of the person I am sending to, it shows me a list of the addresses I have that start witht aht letter.

Is tehre any way of getting all these address into the address book?

thanks

DD

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Go to the Window Menu and select Previous Recipients. Here you can select the addresses you want and either remove them or Add to Address Book.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endymion

Go to the Window Menu and select Previous Recipients. Here you can select the addresses you want and either remove them or Add to Address Book.

thanks so much worked well

nice little trick

DD
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Also... if you mouse over any address anywhere in Mail (10.4), it will make it into a 'blob' that you can drag, drop, etc... *and* you'll see a little triangle on the right side. Click it, and a contextual menu pops down that includes "Add to Address Book". (Right- or ctrl-clicking on the address will do the same thing, of course.)

The Prev Rcpts window is good for batch adding, but this is more useful for one-offs as they come in.