Anyone use/used a Logitech Harmony remote?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently purchased the Logitech 720 Harmony remote, and when I tried to install it, it wont find the remote when its plugged into the USB port on my Imac. It shows on the remote that its connected, but when I follow the directions online, and after I download the requred software, thats where it ends. It also asks me to set the save preferences every time I start up the Imac. Anyone with some suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pb1300

I recently purchased the Logitech 720 Harmony remote, and when I tried to install it, it wont find the remote when its plugged into the USB port on my Imac. It shows on the remote that its connected, but when I follow the directions online, and after I download the requred software, thats where it ends. It also asks me to set the save preferences every time I start up the Imac. Anyone with some suggestions?

Try posting this question on the Remote Board on avsform.com. You'll have to register before you can post. Hope this helps.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    you need to download a update. when you get to the screen that does not find the remote, click on troubleshooting and one of the questions is I have a 880/890 that is not being found. That will take you to where the update is. I had to do this for my 720 and it worked after the update.