Anybody ever take that IQ test at Emode?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Do you mean buy the full report of the test results? If so, then yes, I did that, but only to get the 7-day free trial to try any/all the other interesting tests on their website. I thought it would be interesting to see if I could gain any introspection from these tests. Some of the tests are really quite interesting. Maybe it's all psychobabble, but surely not any worse then relying on your friends to honestly tell you why you are the way you are.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    How high will my IQ score be if I find a way to KILL EMODE?
  • Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

How high will my IQ score be if I find a way to KILL EMODE?

FWIW, I'm using Netscape 7.0.2, which I've discovered has its own pop-up blocker. You can choose who gets a pop-up and who doesn't. So I haven't seen any Emode pop-ups, at all. I hear a chime everytime something gets blocked, so I know A LOT is actually getting blocked.

I pulled out the shockwave plug-in, as well, which stops all those shockwave-enabled banner ads from bleeding all my CPU cycles. It does matter, when you have 10+ tabbed pages open at once. If I hit a page where I do want to see the shockwave action, I copy the link over and look at it in Internet Explorer (which does have the plug-in enabled).

Just thought these tips might be useful to you, being that we are increasingly entering an Internet world where advertisement has gone on a rampage.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    The test obviously tops out at 140 and if you get one "wrong" then you get around 135 which is affected + or - by your age.

I am a member of mensa and I can say that unless you are old it is a waste of time. I thought it would be a good way to meet people, but no; its just a good way to meet old people. You can get work published in the fanzines thought - which is quite fun.

The test is basically very poor in comparison to the Mensa test where the dark insane depths of your brain will be rolled around like pieces of dough before they are deep fried in a boiling pot of inadequacy.

All IQ tests are poor. My girl friend would get very poor results in the last test due to the huge maths bias. If I was a boring person I would get higher results, but I'm impetuous, easily disinterested and will suffer a couple of points because of that. However my girlfriend is a dazzling wit and can hold a room in the palm of her hand with her narrative dexterity and personality - that takes extrodinary mental ability - but she would score around 105.

However if you are running a business and you need people to make judgements about various situations, it is very useful to give people a SPECIFICALLY designed test with similar sitations and even then take the results within the context of personality traits, loquacity, sociability etc.

I scored 135 - they must have got one of the questions wrong!! He he.

Keeping your brain active, self awareness, and life long learning are the key to real world intelligence.