Is This It? The iPhone....

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I'm shocked no one has posted this yet but this was found on MacNN:

They are stating this could be the real deal....we'll see if it gets taken down in a few hours due to Apple legal!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman

I'm shocked no one has posted this yet but this was found on MacNN:

They are stating this could be the real deal....we'll see if it gets taken down in a few hours due to Apple legal!

no, thats a sony ericson which has been photo-shoppped.

I have seen that picture before anyway.

If I am not mistaken, it is a regular page in some mac magazine which has mockups of products we want.

stu
  • Reply 2 of 9
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    awe Okay. I was curious why the bottom was inconsistent with the rest of the phone. Well you may lock up and close this thread
  • Reply 3 of 9
    It also uses Apple Garamond Condensed, which Apple hasn't used, since say, 2002.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    And it is still my favorite font.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker

And it is still my favorite font.

Amen.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Is it april already?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman

I'm shocked no one has posted this yet ...

Actually pretty much everybody has posted this already. However for the new folks around here, It was an April Fools Joke put out several years ago. Nothing to see here, move along.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    zzzzzzzzz
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Let it die!

It was the back page of iCreate magazine http://www.icreatemagazine.com/forum, issue one. I photoshopped an iPod and SE phone together, as even back then (2003) we were hungry for the iPhone, and it was around the time when the iPhone.org link was discovered. There were also many hints of an SE and Apple partnership.

I probably shouldn't mention the phone call we got from SE, but it went along way to suggesting we were on the right track...

iCreate did a long running series of mocked up, much desired Apple products; including my personal favourite, the MacBook DS. The Typography is indeed Apple Garamond, it was made deliberatly retro because (a) We didn't want readers to confuse it with an Apple Ad (it also had the header "What if Apple Made..." and (b) The old Apple ads were just so beautiful.

At the time we had a serious concern that the iPhone would be released in the two weeks between sending the issue to the printers and the on-sale date. I can't believe that over 3 years later we're still waiting; I just hope the model we're hearing about now doesn't get Steved like the SE one!