Current iPod games will play on "iTV"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
...or at least I'll bet they will - with more games to be announced at the same time as "iTV".

Thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hujib

...or at least I'll bet they will - with more games to be announced at the same time as "iTV".

Thoughts?

I definately see it as a possibility although they will probably need to update the resolution of thoose games available for the ipod or they may just come out with games made seperately for the itv...... and possibly the touch screen video ipod
  • Reply 2 of 7
    hujibhujib Posts: 117member
    Games are already 640x480 though.. I guess for bigger LCD it'd be good.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    its just a shame they don't play on your desktop right freakin now. c'mon, what's that gotta take them to make it work in iTunes?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau

its just a shame they don't play on your desktop right freakin now. c'mon, what's that gotta take them to make it work in iTunes?

A scroll wheel?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat

A scroll wheel?

What about a touch wheel gamepad (bluetooth?) or it could work with the IR port. It could also interface with the itv and possibly a wireless interface (external) with the ipod for when it is either plugged into a tv or you just want the perfect gaming experience ( think widescreen video ipod). Apple may have the workings of the perfect gaming experience. Hopefully bungie partners with apple for the perfect game and the perfect system. Think halo 2 wherever and whenever you want to play
  • Reply 6 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hujib

Games are already 640x480 though.. I guess for bigger LCD it'd be good.

Hmm? And how could they play on iTV? What are they going to run on?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    hujibhujib Posts: 117member
    If they can run on an iPod shurly they could run on the CPU in "iTV" .. even if the game data was stored locally on a user's iTunes library, games available would depend on games purchased via that account, or however "iTV" will interact with various iTunes user accounts.

Seems like the game presence in iTunes as it is would work well extended to store scrores across players and remote (iTV) locations. Perhaps, as others have said, you could play the games in iTunes as well.