Power Adapter Died.... 2-4 Week Wait for a new one

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Yes, my girlfriend informed me the other day that her Power Adapter died. After reading [URL=

<a href="http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=10489"; target="_blank">O'Grady's little tidbit</a> on the current situation about a 2-4 week wait for an adapter to ship, I can say that she's screwed. Anyone else luck out like this?

[ 02-02-2003: Message edited by: ShawnPatrickJoyce ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Ooh.. Question: Is something like a non-functioning power adapter under warrantee?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    yes take it to a genius, mine is getting replaced in a few days
  • Reply 3 of 9
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I had to buy a new one (Around $90) :eek: I just went to a Mac store and picked one up.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    That's ridiculous. If the machine has AppleCare or is still under warranty, take it to an Apple Store and get it exchanged or call Apple and have them send you one.

Apple is shipping these things out overnight to paying customers so they don't have an excuse as to why AppleCare shouldn't have them.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    If it's not under warranty, make a new one.

just save the plug for the computer. Go to radio shack and get a new powersupply with the same output and then solder on the old plug.

you ought to be able to do this for less than $20, and have it working in a matter of minutes (plus the drive to Radioshack and back). Then you can afford to wait 4 weeks while the more elegant (and more compact) apple model arrives.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Everyplace is out of stock on the power adapters. Apple seems to be revising them slightly, and it's throwing all the shipments out of whack.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Okay we're on the phone with Apple right now....
  • Reply 8 of 9
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Tell them I said "hello" and to hurry up with the G4 iBook...time's a wastin'!

[ 02-02-2003: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 9
    New one in a few days. Thanks guys.