Person of the Year: YOU (on a Mac)

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Time Magazine has released its person of the year edition and the person is YOU, me, him, her, that strange person over there...

The cover photo shows a Mac keyboard with an Apple display. That's me!

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/12/16....tm/index.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Go you! I mean me!

I caught that, too. Sorry, Billy G.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    What a cop out...
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wojciechowski

What a cop out...

• Reply 4 of 9
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    It's a pretty weak choice.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

What a cop out...

Did you read the article? In no way do I see it as a cop out. They supported their proposition with a very valid point. I agree with them and the idea that the ordinary person now has a greater influence in the world.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

Did you read the article? In no way do I see it as a cop out. They supported their proposition with a very valid point. I agree with them and the idea that the ordinary person now has a greater influence in the world.

yeah i did... and with all the major events that happened this year, I don't think that anybody on a myspace page, youtube video, or message board had that much impact on them.

Maybe the only event that I can see as validating this would be the Macaca incident with Santorum... But even that didn't single handingly lose the house and senate for the republicans. Bush and Rummy had a far greater impact in how the elections played out. And there are many other powerful people that changed the world with longer lasting effects.

With this year's choice and last year's it seems the people who decide these are losing it and going for nothing but cute feel good choices.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

yeah i did... and with all the major events that happened this year, I don't think that anybody on a myspace page, youtube video, or message board had that much impact on them.

Maybe the only event that I can see as validating this would be the Macaca incident with Santorum... But even that didn't single handingly lost the house and senate for the republicans. Bush and Rummy had a far greater impact in how the elections played out. And there are many other powerful people that changed the world with longer lasting effects.

With this year's choice and last year's it seems the people who decide these are losing it and going for nothing but cute feel good choices.

So what if I like to feel good, gosh dang it!

Who would you have chosen?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

Who would you have chosen?

You.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    maimezvous WAS chosen, as were you.