Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

Use the Graphite Color Scheme then

Then hopefully Illuminous will be along to save the day.... in Leopard

Sebastian

I'm as convinced that those blue scrollbars will be gone in Leopard ala iTunes 7, as I am about those TV's. That's what is frustrating me about Aqua, I just know a change is coming.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    If Adobe CS, and even Acrobat went Mac only, there wouldnt be a mass switch; the business IT managers (the ones with MBAs who have been assigned to th3e IT dept, not the technologists) would say "I dont give a f^^^; use Corel Draw and notepad for all I care: if it ain't Windows, it aint here, period."

There is an old saying, no one gets fired buying IBM...now fast forward 20 years and change IBM to MS+Dell/HP.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

If Adobe CS, and even Acrobat went Mac only, there wouldnt be a mass switch; the business IT managers (the ones with MBAs who have been assigned to th3e IT dept, not the technologists) would say "I dont give a f^^^; use Corel Draw and notepad for all I care: if it ain't Windows, it aint here, period."

Nobody meant killing the Windows versions, after all they would be a great money earner. The main point was that Apple design philosophy and software expertise could only help Adobe's apps, and it would be better Apple controlling them than someone else. And Adobe's flash expertise, intellectual properties and other pluses could only add to Apple in turn. Besides Apple could take some of Adobe's apps and combine them with some of their own to create something greater than the sum of thier parts. As my old business organization teacher would say; "2 plus 2 = 5 in the business world".
  • Reply 24 of 32
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

I'm as convinced that those blue scrollbars will be gone in Leopard ala iTunes 7, as I am about those TV's. That's what is frustrating me about Aqua, I just know a change is coming.

That's understandable. Fortunately we don't have that long to wait. Since Jobs said Spring 07, I'm going to go ahead and make a wild guess that he means Early-Mid April.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

\tIf Adobe CS, and even Acrobat went Mac only, there wouldnt be a mass switch; the business IT managers (the ones with MBAs who have been assigned to th3e IT dept, not the technologists) would say "I dont give a f^^^; use Corel Draw and notepad for all I care: if it ain't Windows, it aint here, period."

There is an old saying, no one gets fired buying IBM...now fast forward 20 years and change IBM to MS+Dell/HP.

Unfortunately you are absolutely correct
  • Reply 25 of 32
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:

Nobody meant killing the Windows versions, after all they would be a great money earner. The main point was that Apple design philosophy and software expertise could only help Adobe's apps, and it would be better Apple controlling them than someone else.

The trouble is, I believe Apple purchased a few companies (Logic Pro, probably a couple others) and killed off the Windows versions. I have no reason to believe Adobe would be any different.

Sebastian
  • Reply 26 of 32
    it would be interesting if they bought adobe, restructered the entire company, split off the redundant apps and then sold them off but kept all the patents that are of use.

continue to support microsoft windows, but cease further development on that platform......i.e. keep selling CS3 forever for windows, but if you want to upgrade you need to change to a mac.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    I don't think Apple could currently even afford to purchase Adobe for what they would probably want.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    If Apple purchased Adobe, Microsoft would purchase Apple and that would suck.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub

If Apple purchased Adobe, Microsoft would purchase Apple and that would suck.

Who the what now?
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:

Who the what now?

Coherency is a virtue.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

Coherency is a virtue.

Says the man with three heads, burp.