slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    And Engadget is just Gloating about it too

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/lin...tos-222505.php

I'm sorry, Gizmodo is. I keep getting the 2 sites mixed up somehow :S

Sebastian

EDIT Again: Their Entire Frontpage is -_-
  • Reply 3 of 26
    bentonbenton Posts: 161member
    Shall we have our "MacPhone". Heathens dare not try to take Mac from Apple.

MacPhone today, MacPhone tomorrow and MacPhone forever!
  • Reply 4 of 26
    MacPhone it is
  • Reply 5 of 26
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Some guy over on Engadget is ranting about the fact that as of midnight 17th December the top search on Google for iPhone is the Apple.com homepage with the URL eworld dot com.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    I noticed, that would be News Results for "iPhone" followed by VocalTec and then Apple @ eworld.com

Interesting none the less, what is eWorld?

Sebastian
  • Reply 7 of 26
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

I noticed, that would be News Results for "iPhone" followed by VocalTec and then Apple @ eworld.com

Interesting none the less, what is eWorld?

Sebastian

It was a network service before the Internet/WWW became more popular on its own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/eWorld
  • Reply 8 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

It was a network service before the Internet/WWW became more popular on its own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/eWorld

Ah... I guess they kept the Domain then.

Sebastian
  • Reply 9 of 26
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:

MacPhone it is

No way. They will never sell enough with that name. As the Wii taught us, branding is a major part of business. Adding Mac to everything doesn't please customers, even Mac customers like me. I think very few people prefer Macbook Pro to Powerbook and Macbook to ibook. It's going to make everyone sound Scottish. Hey what's that you got there? That's my MacPhone Jimmy, doo ya want ta see some pics o' ma wee bairns?

iPhone worked because it was an extension of the iPod with phone capability. This actually makes me wonder if they will just call it the iPod phone.

iPod Shuffle

iPod Nano

iPod Video

iPod Phone
  • Reply 10 of 26
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benton

Apple's loss is our loss!

www.linksys.com

What are you talking about? I like Linksys. This is really funny. An Apple-branded phone doesn't make a lot of sense. It looks like Apple and Linksys got together and had a little fun with the rumormongers. iPhone down. Next, the MacTV
  • Reply 11 of 26
    iPod Mobile
  • Reply 12 of 26
    I dont think it would be so fun for them if their stock price dropped 10-15 dollars because of this little prank.

They definitely have a phone in the works. What they will call it is the question
  • Reply 13 of 26
    i dont like it either.

it looks like a nice phone, if i wasnt waiting for a the apple rumors to settle i might get it.

however, somethings you just should leave alone.

iblank is an apple thing that everyone else is trying to copy.

its like burger king selling McFries.

illegal? probably not. but not origional.

have it your way. it tastes better.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    or, the new ipod... wait for it.....has a phone built in?

nar wouldn't happen, specially with the full screen job and all that bollox
  • Reply 15 of 26
    This probably isn't very relevant but running a simple WhoIs on http://www.eworld.com/ shows the domain was updated on the first of this month.

And is now pointing at the official apple name servers.

They are going to use it for something, maybe some kind of portal. And soon, other wise why would they update the domain?

Just my 2 cents and my first post

And looking at the code of the site, its not just forwarding the Apple home page to you though a different domain.

On the financial side of things, Apple's stock if slowly falling a little
  • Reply 16 of 26
    Quote:

MacPhone it is

MacPhone sucks.
  • Reply 17 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SuRpRiSe

This probably isn't very relevant but running a simple WhoIs on http://www.eworld.com/ shows the domain was updated on the first of this month.

And is now pointing at the official apple name servers.

They are going to use it for something, maybe some kind of portal. And soon, other wise why would they update the domain?

Just my 2 cents and my first post

And looking at the code of the site, its not just forwarding the Apple home page to you though a different domain.

On the financial side of things, Apple's stock if slowly falling a little

I disagree. Apple.com will remain the domain of choice for Apple. And for cryin' out loud, we certainly don't need a return to the "e" prefix on everything. eThis, eThat. Feh! "i"-everything is irritating e-nough.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    iDealy i'D iRaticate iNdividual i'S iN iNcompenent iDentities
  • Reply 19 of 26
    Finally we can get back to the real core arguments on AI... whether you believe in evolution or not.
  • Reply 20 of 26
    I say MacPhone because I know Apple wouldn't use it, but it's much more likely they call it that then "iChat Mobile" (Customized AIM Client with Jabber and Bonjour thrown in) "iPod Phone" (Would it just be an iPod with Phone capabilities? Likely not otherwise it's pointless) or "iCell" (Currently phone Manufacturers wish to remove the Cell Part of Cell Phones)

I doubt Apple would've used iPhone in the final name, even if Linksys didn't have that Trademark as well. It would've been dull and pointless to name it that. So until Apple actually gives it a name, I'm just calling it MacPhone. You may call it whatever you wish, I'm sure we'll all know what the other is talking about when Random Phone sounding names start popping up all over AI and other Rumor sites.

Sebastian