Reinstalling OS X on my new macbook

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
ok so i just ordered my new macbook and i want to do a clean install of tiger without printer drivers and languages. this may be a stupid question but, should i do the initial setup like when i first turn on the machine and stuff and then after that reinstall os x, or can i pop the disk in before i turn the system on for the first time?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Just insert the DVD into your MacBook immediately after the startup sound and then press the "C" key for about a minute or so (until the gray screen goes away). Then install the OS. There is no need for running the initial setup when you want to erase those things later.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sthiede

ok so i just ordered my new macbook and i want to do a clean install of tiger without printer drivers and languages.

Why not just delete the printer drivers from /Library/printers and remove extra languages using Monolingual (important: making sure to turn off removal of PPC stuff).
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gwoodpecker View Post

Just insert the DVD into your MacBook immediately after the startup sound and then press the "C" key for about a minute or so (until the gray screen goes away). Then install the OS. There is no need for running the initial setup when you want to erase those things later.

thanks!