New Ad. Looks like it could be the last PC/Mac ad.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
www.apple.com "Goodwill"

Looks like this would be the perfect time to kill these ads and get some new style of ads in.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

www.apple.com "Goodwill"

Looks like this would be the perfect time to kill these ads and get some new style of ads in.

Lets hope that it is a "Leopard" style.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    It's funny, but it's not necessarily good for Apple. Time to kill the campaign.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Yeah, it's time for something new, more informative, and less arrogant than these ads.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Something radically different. Something subtle, informative and fresh.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    On the whole I don't like them either, but the one with the "Oh great, now I have to go an listen to some emo" line just cracked me up.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Yeah, it's time for something new, more informative, and less arrogant than these ads.

I'm not necessarily sure they should go for informative. The iPod ads were BARELY informative. Just eye candy. And those were obviously a success.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

I'm not necessarily sure they should go for informative. The iPod ads were BARELY informative. Just eye candy. And those were obviously a success.

This is a little different.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    I like these ads.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

This is a little different.

What is a little different?
  • Reply 10 of 15
    "Looks like it could be the last PC/Mac ad."

Amen to that.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    I do not want it to be the last, but again everyone is complaining that they never really showcase what they can do.

They showcase in a hidden sense of mind. The exchanging of gifts ad (for example) is showing how easy iPhoto and creating a scrap book is. All Apple does is but a hidden meaning behind all their ads. Some people see it, some don't.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    If the humor has driven more people to see Apple in a new light with humor, I'm all for it. If it is proven to not have an impact, then axe it.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    It was a great concept but so was the Simpsons. When you don't have the ideas to push the format, you just need to drop it.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I'll be happy to see them go. They never really spoke to me. Apple has had such incredible adds in the past. These didn't live up to that leagacy IMO.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

It was a great concept but so was the Simpsons. When you don't have the ideas to push the format, you just need to drop it.

Yeah I agree. The idea of a Mac guy meeting a PC guy seems good in theory, but in practice these ads suck.