Mac OS X key to Apple's consumer electronics strategy

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    They've pushed the jaw-dropper back into 2008! That's it! i won't purchase anything until the jaw dropping device actually ships. I bet the crap they show at MacWorld 2007 will barely make you open your mouth to gasp.
  • Reply 62 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pepsi View Post

Wasn't there a rumor floated a while back about the apple "devices" running a quicktime os as opposed to a slimmed down OS X. Seems like it would make more sense for anything short of a full fledged tablet.

I remember a friend who worked at Apple mentioning "QuickTime on a chip" back in 2001.

It was around the time when FinalCut was first introduced and Apple had acquired a small company that did chip design.
  • Reply 63 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by murk View Post

They've pushed the jaw-dropper back into 2008! That's it! i won't purchase anything until the jaw dropping device actually ships. I bet the crap they show at MacWorld 2007 will barely make you open your mouth to gasp.

I'll be buying any Apple phone as soon as it is released.

I'll also be selling it just prior to MacWorld 2008.

I'll be buying the iJawDropper Pro as soon as it comes out.
  • Reply 64 of 67
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by murk View Post

I bet the crap they show at MacWorld 2007 will barely make you open your mouth to gasp.

don't worry, the 'faithful' will be on their knees, mouths open ready for anything and everything and hoping for more!!
  • Reply 65 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

don't worry, the 'faithful' will be on their knees, mouths open ready for anything and everything and hoping for more!!

Ewwww
  • Reply 66 of 67
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tundraboy View Post

When Apple cracks the consumer electronics market, I'm betting on MS-like stock price growth for Apple in the next 20 years. (That is, MS in its heyday when its stock rose about 400 fold.)

From your lips to God's ears. If that happens, I'm a multimillionaire.
  • Reply 67 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

Good thing this isn't Microsoft we're talking about, otherwise we know what we would get...

*squirt*