Looking For An Old Mac Adventure Game

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am looking for an old mac adventure game I remember playing in the mid-late 80's. I have no idea what the name is or when it was actually made but it had to be made in the 70's or 80's. It was not a text only game either. I remember it was a fantasy, dungeon delving type of a game. I remember there was little or no color to it and it was a one dimentional presentation, nothing 2d or fancy. That is about all I can remember about it but I can't seem to find anything on the web anywhere. If anyone knows about the game or knows where I can find a list of old Mac games, or even ideas to use while serching please post, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jerod

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Dark Castle was B/W, graphical, and about that time frame.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    The format of the game I remember is like Rogue in that it is a top-down or "GOD" view whatever it is refered to but the graphics were better. There were actual images of your character and monsters etc. So Dark Castle definitely wasn't it unless there was an earlier vesion of that. Dark Castle looks cool but that was definitely too "NEW" as far as the game I am refering to at least graphic-wise. Thanks for the help guys =)
  • Reply 3 of 10
    somehow it posted twice sorry
  • Reply 4 of 10
    It almost feels like you're talking about Dungeon of Doom. In fact, I'd be surprised if it wasn't Dungeon of Doom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dungeon_Revealed
  • Reply 5 of 10
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I agree, Dungeon of Doom. I enjoyed that game, although I never beat it. I think level 38 or 39 is as far as I got.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

It almost feels like you're talking about Dungeon of Doom. In fact, I'd be surprised if it wasn't Dungeon of Doom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dungeon_Revealed

SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes that is it!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the man thx!!!!!

• Reply 7 of 10
    This game looks awesome. You can download it from the fan site. I can't play it though. It's compressed as .sit. How can I uncompress it and start playing?
  • Reply 9 of 10

Jerod! you must mean Dungeon/s of Doom - I was addicted to this game when I first got a Mac for uni in 1988 and spent HOURS on it instead of my course subjects. I wrote to the guy on the disk (in Boston) to ask him if he could make it again for the current Mac  - just like it was though, not 3-D, not colour