mighty mouse

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
these things suck. the scroll ball stopped working only after a few months. what can i do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    can anyone reccomend a good bluetooth mouse?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    You can edit your first post.

I had problems with this at first, but it seems to be going OK for now, but the ball should be a little larger.

The ball can be cleaned with a very mildly moist cloth. A little Simple Green in the mix can help a lot. Roll it a bit, wipe, roll more until it's clean. Another way is to roll it back and forth and sideways while pressing down on the ball, this seems to clean up the ball too.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    You can send it to me, pm me for details.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    I have mixed feelings about my mighty mouse. The ball is always sticking on me, even after cleaning it. Can anybody recommend a good mac compatible wired usb mouse. I will be buying it over the internet seeing as how I live in the boonies.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    2 things:

1. BT mouse always sux.

2. This is my mouse - and it is awesome:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=11551

got expose on 4th and 5th buttons, use 3rd button for CAD. Scroller has perfect action, and the precision of the cursor action is great.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    i finally got it to work again thanks Jeff
  • Reply 7 of 11
    what do you mean 'stuck'? The ball wouldn't move at all or the scrolling locks despite moving the ball?

I've had a wired mighty mouse for over a year and it's never let me down.

I know I'm getting a wireless Mighty Mouse for Christmas! This will free up a precious USB port since I have an Apple clickety-clack keyboard on the other USB port permanently.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    could just sink $10 on a usb hub ;P

also, does apple keyboard not have usb slots in the back/side??
  • Reply 9 of 11
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justin View Post

what do you mean 'stuck'? The ball wouldn't move at all or the scrolling locks despite moving the ball?

What happens to me is that the scroll ball may roll

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archstudent View Post

could just sink $10 on a usb hub ;P

I suppose, if you want to buy a piece of junk hub and deal with more cables.

Quote:

also, does apple keyboard not have usb slots in the back/side??

That would be a vailid point for Apple-type keybards. I haven't found one that I liked though, I use a Microsoft keyboard.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    moochmooch Posts: 113member
    The only problem I've had with mine is the right click functionality stopped working one time. I shut off my computer and mouse and did something else, and when I came back, it was working again.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by burningwheel View Post

these things suck. the scroll ball stopped working only after a few months. what can i do?

Get a different brand mouse. The mighty mouse is great, the scrollball design is flawed at the core.