"There is one more thing..."(TM)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Jobs has become famous for this line. What do you think will he will introduce this year?

I'll take a stab and say I think it's the iPhone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 85
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Hard to say, I wouldn't rule out an iPod, at least if it was a large upgrade, but this year it's uncertain. One more Thing wouldn't apply to iTV or Leopard, at least I don't think so since both are expected. Hmmm...!

Replacement for the 12" Powerbook? This is the only product in the PPC Mac line that did not receive the Intel treatment, which it would seem was eliminated. But unless Apple really does have a Tablet being prepared for Macworld, which I highly doubt, then it's by all means possible.

Sebastian
  • Reply 2 of 85
    This is what I hope for:

1. The iPod maxi, with 300 GB 3.5-inch harddrive and a big, nice display!

2. The 30-inch MacBook Pro!

Nice!
  • Reply 3 of 85
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    MWSF is traditionally for software, so I do not expect any hardware announcements unless it is a NEW PRODUCT. No speed bump announcements.

I expect most of the time will be for Leopard, and for MS and Adobe to demo the Universal apps.

New features of the iTunes Store will take up some time. More movie studios, etc.

Who knows - maybe everyone hoping for the xMac will finally see it.
  • Reply 4 of 85
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Jobs has become famous for this line. What do you think will he will introduce this year?

OS Xpc = OS X on IBM compatible pc's
  • Reply 5 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

MWSF is traditionally for software, so I do not expect any hardware announcements unless it is a NEW PRODUCT. No speed bump announcements.

I expect most of the time will be for Leopard, and for MS and Adobe to demo the Universal apps.

New features of the iTunes Store will take up some time. More movie studios, etc.

I think we could see a C2D in the Mini to bring the whole product line to 64bit ; especially if Mr Jobs wants to announce a release date for Leopard.
  • Reply 6 of 85
    Quote:

Although it is a consumer event and they do usually release at least two consumer hardware products.

What is this possible "xMac" you speak of??
  • Reply 7 of 85
    there possibly could be a new pro portable because thats where the MacBook Pros were unveiled
  • Reply 8 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

What is this possible "xMac" you speak of??

Headless mid-end consumer mac, I assume.
  • Reply 9 of 85
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
  • Reply 10 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zandros View Post

Headless mid-end consumer mac, I assume.

Which will never happen until AFTER Steve leaves Apple, and some new executive does something as stupid as allowing this.

Sebastian
  • Reply 11 of 85
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

I hope it's the iPhone, or whatever they decide to call it. Otherwise Apple stock does a nose dive.
  • Reply 12 of 85
    and one more thing....

Steve: Our Keyboard department have finally got off their asses and put a USB2.0 hub in the keyboard. Boom.

Well it would be about time!
  • Reply 13 of 85
    Quote:

Really I can remember plenty of hardware intros at Macworld SF (Titanium PB, ALuminum PB, iMac are just a few).
  • Reply 14 of 85
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    2x Quad core processors?

I can dream can't I. 8)
  • Reply 15 of 85
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    one more thing....

Next year we do this in New York

boom!
  • Reply 16 of 85
    Steve: "One more thing... Luke, I am your father. Boom!"
  • Reply 17 of 85
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

and one more thing....

Steve: Our Keyboard department have finally got off their asses and put a USB2.0 hub in the keyboard. Boom.

Well it would be about time!

Yeah I was shocked when I plugged in my new iPod shuffle and it took like fifteen seconds to transfer one song
  • Reply 18 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TednDi View Post

one more thing....

Next year we do this in New York

boom!

NEVER!!
  • Reply 19 of 85
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    A "clear entry" key on the Calculator.app.

Steve Jobs: "A lot of people worked for 23 years on this, and we think it's fantastic."
  • Reply 20 of 85
    Quote:

A "clear entry" key on the Calculator.app.

Steve Jobs: "A lot of people worked for 23 years on this, and we think it's fantastic."

They call it...

... The 'delete' button!