Poll: What's Coming???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hope I can cover everything here. If I leave something out, well, it doesn't mean it ain't coming. This is Apple we're discussing, afterall, so nobody really knows. I have started a poll the last couple of Keynotes, and wante to start off this one as soon as Temporary Insanity started up.

Two givens: iTv and Leopard, so they are not included in the poll

When he announced iTV, SJ said "now you know where we're headed", which could mean the local Taco Bell or it could mean something bigger, such as home appliances.

Other rumors are few, but let's give it a shot.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 56
    When you wrote "Apple TV" in the poll, I thought you were talking about iTV... @#$%!!
  • Reply 2 of 56
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
  • Reply 3 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

When you wrote "Apple TV" in the poll, I thought you were talking about iTV... @#$%!!

Me too.
  • Reply 4 of 56
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    You don't think Apple are making a TV, buy you voted for it anyway
  • Reply 5 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You don't think Apple are making a TV, buy you voted for it anyway

I can't see the 'big display that will work well/directly with an iTV' option..
  • Reply 6 of 56
    I think you should have included

12" MacBook Pro

Video iPod

New Displays
  • Reply 7 of 56
    I also think new displays with built in isight cameras sound plausible. Video chat is such a cool thing and it really requires everyone to have a camera to get this technology out to the masses.
  • Reply 8 of 56
    Can only have 10 choices in the polls, so I did what I could.

THink the displays might have been a good choice for early next year, but MWSF is usually more consumer based, and the Apple displays are pretty much set for the Mac Pro, unless someone buying a mini really feels like putting out more moola for a display than for a computer.

Video iPod I feel is a new iPod.
  • Reply 9 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Can only have 10 choices in the polls, so I did what I could.

THink the displays might have been a good choice for early next year, but MWSF is usually more consumer based, and the Apple displays are pretty much set for the Mac Pro, unless someone buying a mini really feels like putting out more moola for a display than for a computer.

Video iPod I feel is a new iPod.

There was the rumor of the new 17" widescreen display as a companion to the Mini. Personally, I don't think we'll see front row/ isight displays unless a Conroe Mac arrives.
  • Reply 10 of 56
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    My votes.

new iPod\t= Possibly. \t

Apple TV/ home entertainment system = iTV\t\t

iPhone (under a different name) = Everybody seems to think so.

Mac Tablet Computer = My big wish.

iLife minor upgrade = Possibly

iWork minor upgrade = Possibly

Not on the list.

Mac Pro is due for an incremental update. I'd like to see a full update, but the addition of SLI drivers, on the Mac Side, and compatibility of their best cards out of the box from Nvidia is why I did not get one of these last time and stuck with my Alienware.

Apple looks pretty bad to me and many others for getting the crap beaten out of them in graphics on their own computers with the competing OS running.
  • Reply 11 of 56
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    my whislist:

for MWSF

iLife major upgrade

iWork major upgrade

iPod widescreen

iPhone

for few weeks later

Octo-core MacPro

New Cinema Displays (hopefuly a larger than 30" display)

iSight optional built-in Cinema displays and stand alone.

for March or April

iTV

Leopard

cheers and Happy new year!
  • Reply 12 of 56
    Trying to organise these into likely/not likely...

Likely...

iLife and iWork 07 are a no brainer to me, unless they drop the year numbers, go back to version numbers and release them with Leopard.

There is going to be a great big Leopard preview, and a shipping date.

There's probably going to be a fuller showing of iTV, including a final name and a shipping date.

A Core 2 Mac mini would be nice, and would bring the whole line up to Core 2. I think the iMac, MacBook and MBP would stay the same until Santa Rosa is available.

8 core Mac Pro announced shown demoing Adobe CS3, lots of benchmarks that Make Dell workstations look stupid. Shipping date later on.

Talk about how great iPods are and how well they are selling, point and laugh at Zune. Maybe a new or updated iPod product.

More Mac & PC adverts.

Not so likely...

iTablet - I'd love one but I'll believe it when I see it.

iPhone - Somehow I'm feeling the same as above.
  • Reply 13 of 56
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

Trying to organise these into likely/not likely...

iLife and iWork 07 are a no brainer to me, unless they drop the year numbers, go back to version numbers and release them with Leopard. .......

I thought SJ said something to the effect that iLife was going to be built into Leopard?

I could be wrong it's been a long time since the Keynote, and press releases of from Apple after WWDC.
  • Reply 14 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

I thought SJ said something to the effect that iLife was going to be built into Leopard?

I could be wrong it's been a long time since the Keynote, and press releases of from Apple after WWDC.

Given how important media is to almost everything you want to do on a Mac I'd love to see iLife become part of OSX but I think SJ only promised to include the likes of FrontRow, BootCamp and PhotoBooth and not the actual iLife apps. ;-(
  • Reply 15 of 56
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

Given how important media is to almost everything you want to do on a Mac I'd love to see iLife become part of OSX but I think SJ only promised to include the likes of FrontRow, BootCamp and PhotoBooth and not the actual iLife apps. ;-(

iLife with every new computer, but you pay for upgrades isn't a bad tradeoff considering it IS a seperate product then Mac OS X, and will receive more upgrades in 2 years then Mac OS X will.

Sebastian
  • Reply 16 of 56
    You forgot to add "New displays w/ or w/o iSight Built-in" and/or "New iSight"
  • Reply 17 of 56
    SPREADSHEETS!!!! I mean OpenOffice's stuff is good enough, Spreadsheets in iWork '07 would be goooood.
  • Reply 18 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

SPREADSHEETS!!!! I mean OpenOffice's stuff is good enough, Spreadsheets in iWork '07 would be goooood.

Agreed. No spreadsheet means idon'tWork.
  • Reply 19 of 56
    I don't expect any upgrade to iLife or iWork till Leopard ships. I see this as a marketing strategy. With iLife and iWork built to take advantage of the new features in Leopard it give people greater reason to upgrade increasing apples revenue stream.

This also gives Apple the chance to really streath the capabilities of the suites.

I don't expect an iTablet till Leopard ships for the same reason.

Upgrades to the Mac Mini and the iMac are possible. Only a speed bump to the iMac so that the Mac mini doesn't get into iMac territory.
  • Reply 20 of 56
    There is a demo of something out at the moment that expires in July, so Leopard will be released well before July, thus I think Jobs will announce the release date in SF. So, they could announce the updates and then release them as well when Leopard ships.

I think we're looking at a window of March-April.