OMT... = iPhone.
  • Reply 23 of 85
    High end mac gameing system.
  • Reply 24 of 85
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

High end mac gameing system.

Not Likely, unless the Mac Pro gets an update. Then THAT might qualify.
  • Reply 25 of 85
    Wow.. such responses.

How about he says one more thing... the room falls silent... then you here his cell phone ring. He whips out a boring flip phone and picks up... then he says

"Hey Phil... yeah... um hum.. great... tell them to build 10 million of them and get them ready for later this year... yeah. Hey listen... I gotta go, I'm doing this Keynote thing right now.. can I call you back? Cool. Talk to you later!" (hangs up)

This would tease the media and poke fun at all these rumors... everyone would laugh and wonder what it was he was ordering up 10 million of. Plus the obvious symbology of the cell phone.
  • Reply 26 of 85
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    If they pulled that off it would be quite a show. I hope they do something dramatic like that.
  • Reply 27 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Not Likely, unless the Mac Pro gets an update. Then THAT might qualify.

And I think even then, Apple is waiting until April to announce faster Mac Pros when Adobe CS3 finally ships.

I would really like to see an Apple-branded cell-phone. It won't be an iPhone?Cisco already has announced that product (and trademarked it)?but we'll have to see.
  • Reply 28 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

I hope it's the iPhone, or whatever they decide to call it. Otherwise Apple stock does a nose dive.

If you want some short-term profits, always sell Apple the day before an expo. The crazy-wild expectations invariably lead to disappointment.

I think we'll see the phone as a "One More Thing..." if it's ready. If not, there won't be one at all. The iTV is not a surprise, 10.5 is not a surprise, speed-bumped towers shouldn't be a big surprise, either. There's a slim chance that a 12-13" Macbook Pro might make the grade, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Reply 29 of 85
    Everyone is clamoring for the 13" MacBook Pro, however I have heard a few rumors of a larger MacBook possibly on the horizon. You know, for those people who want the larger display, but do not need the high-end things that the MBP offer (Express-Card, etc).

I know that there are some people that love the new MacBooks, but really would like a larger display. There seems to be some room in the lineup for that kind of machine.
  • Reply 30 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mike Eggleston View Post

Everyone is clamoring for the 13" MacBook Pro, however I have heard a few rumors of a larger MacBook possibly on the horizon. You know, for those people who want the larger display, but do not need the high-end things that the MBP offer (Express-Card, etc).

I know that there are some people that love the new MacBooks, but really would like a larger display. There seems to be some room in the lineup for that kind of machine.

I would prefer a 11-12" Widescreen Ultra Portable. I currently own a 13" Macbook (Home), 15" MacBook Pro and a Quad G4 Tower... As a designer the 17" is nice, but when it comes to traveling... pretty much useless on the plane. I need something small! The 13" is not travel friendly either and a bigger MacBook wouldn't help!
  • Reply 31 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustDoIt View Post

I would prefer a 11-12" Widescreen Ultra Portable. I currently own a 13" Macbook (Home), 15" MacBook Pro and a Quad G4 Tower... As a designer the 17" is nice, but when it comes to traveling... pretty much useless on the plane. I need something small! The 13" is not travel friendly either and a bigger MacBook wouldn't help!

As you just said though, you would prefer an ultra-portable, which is not what I was talking about. I was talking about a larger consumer notebook. There are lots of people who would want one of those (College students, high schoolers, average consumers). While an ultra-portable is nice, I think that is more of niche market, than the one I am describing.
  • Reply 32 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mike Eggleston View Post

As you just said though, you would prefer an ultra-portable, which is not what I was talking about. I was talking about a larger consumer notebook. There are lots of people who would want one of those (College students, high schoolers, average consumers). While an ultra-portable is nice, I think that is more of niche market, than the one I am describing.

If you want a larger display just buy a 19" widescreen LCD to use with a Macbook. You can't replicate a MacBook Nano though.
  • Reply 33 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

If you want a larger display just buy a 19" widescreen LCD to use with a Macbook. You can't replicate a MacBook Nano though.

Exactly... I would rather have a MacBook Nano with a 23" LCD Than a bigger MacBook.
  • Reply 34 of 85
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

You live in California right?

And that should have been, "NEVER!! BOOM!"

Yes I do, and I don't wish to explode thank you very much.
  • Reply 35 of 85
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Migo View Post

1. The iPod maxi, with 300 GB 3.5-inch harddrive and a big, nice display!

With tabs for extra moisture protection.
  • Reply 36 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Which will never happen until AFTER Steve leaves Apple, and some new executive does something as stupid as allowing this.

Sebastian

Might be stupid, unless you're a Mac mini owner who is happy with their display (eliminating the iMac) and wants to upgrade. Considers the MacPro too expensive (or too large) and therefore has nothing to buy. So what is Apple going to do with all of these customers? Leave them to Dell?

I use a PB with a 23" Display in the office and don't want either the mini or the MacPro, but would look at something more powerful than the mini and smaller than the MP. Right now I have nothing to buy from Apple, so I'll stay with the PB.
  • Reply 37 of 85
    ajayajay Posts: 117member
    i'll just take a wild guess & come up with a credit card size 12 megapixel digicam with a full frame sensor.... with a capability to hook up to google's GPS-based photo-locator thingy...

(hey we're still talking "insanity", right?)

8)
  • Reply 38 of 85
    Quote:

Not Unlike Myself;1013303]Wow.. such responses.

How about he says one more thing... the room falls silent... then you hear his cell phone ring. He whips out an Apple flip phone and picks up... then says...

"Wrong number. BOOM!"

The hall erupts in a hail of gunfire into the ceiling followed by panicky short-sellers running to call their brokers.
  • Reply 39 of 85
    Most likely iPhone
  • Reply 40 of 85
    Well, seeing as Jobs likes to keep it short and there's already a long list

(iLife

iWork

.Mac

huge mac mini refresh

iTV release

leopard update)

I am starting to think the iPhone will be released oustide of MacWorld. It's just too much to cram into 20 minutes.

I think the "one more thing" will be the full screen iPod.

-=|Mgkwho