Apple Homepage Mock-ups Post Keynote

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
A new more visual way to express what you think will be released... Create mock-ups picture of what the homepage will look like after the keynote.

Take a look at previews post-keynote homepages:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 124
    Looks cool!
  • Reply 2 of 124
    OK, here?s what I make of it:

• Reply 3 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by max_naylor View Post

OK, here’s what I make of it:

[...insert picture here...]

Very Nice! I totally disagree with you on the Leopard though. I mean, yes, that would be the perfect way to steal Microsoft's thunder, but with all of their Top Secret Features, they would have to be doing a HELL of a lot of private beta testing to get a reliable release.

And btw -- You think an OS release will be a little box? (NO)
  • Reply 4 of 124
    Oh, and btw, what font did you use for the Hot News Headlines?
  • Reply 5 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Oh, and btw, what font did you use for the Hot News Headlines?

It's Lucida Grande with the antialiasing set to something different in Photoshop. Took me ages to work it out.
  • Reply 6 of 124
    Quote:

Very Nice! I totally disagree with you on the Leopard though. I mean, yes, that would be the perfect way to steal Microsoft's thunder, but with all of their Top Secret Features, they would have to be doing a HELL of a lot of private beta testing to get a reliable release.

And btw -- You think an OS release will be a little box? (NO)

Leopard will be in a little box.
  • Reply 7 of 124
    Quote:

Leopard will be in a little box.

True - since it won't be released til March - so from January it'll be in a little box.
  • Reply 8 of 124
    Quote:

It's Lucida Grande with the antialiasing set to something different in Photoshop. Took me ages to work it out.

I thought Apple used Myriad Pro semi-bold for marketing materials.
  • Reply 9 of 124
    Apple use Myriad Web on their website and Myriad Pro in print. For whatever reason, the news ticker is set in Lucida Grande. I think it looks better at smaller sizes, whereas Lucida Grande looks weird from about size 18 and above.
  • Reply 10 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zandros View Post

I thought Apple used Myriad Pro semi-bold for marketing materials.

They do, although at some sizes Lucida Grand is similar enough.
  • Reply 11 of 124
    "Front Row Plus". Not bad. I might favor "Front Row Extreme" to tie it to the streaming content idea. Nicely done.
  • Reply 12 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

They do, although at some sizes Lucida Grand is similar enough.

No one uses Myriad Pro for web-text of course.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

"Front Row Plus". Not bad. I might favor "Front Row Extreme" to tie it to the streaming content idea. Nicely done.

It will just be front row. It is too convoluted to add, "Plus", "Ultimate", "Premium", etc. like Microsoft always does.
  • Reply 13 of 124
    I think I’m starting to agree with you. Also, to people who don’t know what the original Front Row is—i.e. millions of Windows users, just ‘Front Row’ would suit better.
  • Reply 14 of 124
    Quote:

I think I?m starting to agree with you. Also, to people who don?t know what the original Front Row is?i.e. millions of Windows users, just ?Front Row? would suit better.

just "Front Row, for everyone" or "for the iPod Generation"
  • Reply 15 of 124
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    This is an excellent Insanity thread. If I wasn't posting text like mad all over the forum and on mood stabilisers I might actually calm down enough to actually open Photoshop.
  • Reply 16 of 124

Woof. Hoof. Moof.
  • Reply 17 of 124
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Woof. Hoof. Moof.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
  • Reply 18 of 124
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Have you used OS9? Familiar with the ol' DogCow???
  • Reply 19 of 124
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    I really like your mock homepage max_naylor. Well done!
  • Reply 20 of 124
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jvb View Post

I really like your mock homepage max_naylor. Well done!

It looks nice, but as I've already said, it's totally unrealistic. The chances that Leopard will get released at MWSF is VERY slim. I'd say a 1% chance. In addition, if leopard were released, it would occupy the large section of the homepage. iTV may or may not be released at MWSF, I would bet on, not released but pre-orders taken for a release date sometime in Feburary or March coinciding with teh release of Leopard. I doubt a video iPod because of the fact that Apple generally doesn't release iPods AFTER the holidays but rather fresh for the holiday season. An iPod phone is likely however, due to it being a brand new product.