Live Keynote Viewing

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I enjoy watching Steve's keynotes for their dramatic style of presentation just as much as I like sweet new products that are introduced. But I would also like to watch the keynote and be suprised and blown away by everything. Apple finally uploads the keynote to the website at the end of the day and on my way to download the keynote I've already read everything that hits the frontpage of Apple.com which is a bit of a downer for me.

Is there anyway to get ahold of the keynote from an outside source or mirror, or would it be possible for someone to post the direct link to the keynote to this thread so that those who want to experience it in all its glory can be spoiler-free?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I agree, the last thing I want to do is go to Apple.com to watch the keynote, only to see "Say hello to iPhone" on the front page. That would ruin the surprise.

If the 2006 Macworld was here;

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf06

I suspect the 2007 Macworld will be here;

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf07

/Try not to look at the keynote image when you visit there though, as it might give away some things.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    The only solution or work around I've come across so far is to make a shortcut directly to the Quicktime page and hope that they update the live feed up in the top right corner.

Let me know what you think Ireland. I'm glad I'm not alone on this. By the time I found the WWDC '06 keynote I had already learned everything from the conference. Same thing for the Showtime special event. I would much rather watch it and be blown away by the showmanship of Jobs saying, "but there is one more thing......"(his pocket starts ringing)
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I agree, the last thing I want to do is go to Apple.com to watch the keynote, only to see "Say hello to iPhone" on the front page. That would ruin the surprise.

If the 2006 Macworld was here;

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf06

I suspect the 2007 Macworld will be here;

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf07

/Try not to look at the keynote image when you visit there though, as it might give away some things.

The keynote image is almost always of Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. I usually make this my homepage one or two days before the keynote, as opposed to www.apple.com where I would see all the new products. As for the keynote image, last year it was just the Macworld '06 logo for a few days, then it changed to what it is now.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenacres View Post

As for the keynote image, last year it was just the Macworld '06 logo for a few days, then it changed to what it is now.

Oh.. good.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    RDF! RDF!!

oho my goodness

i do read all the stories online on the MWSF day then see apple site and then QT webcast

It will be great if bring back the Live webcast of MWSF, technology cannnot with stand this bandwidth requirement!

i wonder, how they managed previous MWSF was on live webcast ...

How about this?

Pay perview via Comcast for $5, SJ on Live on TV! i am just crazy over here
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

RDF! RDF!!

oho my goodness

i do read all the stories online on the MWSF day then see apple site and then QT webcast

It will be great if bring back the Live webcast of MWSF, technology cannnot with stand this bandwidth requirement!

i wonder, how they managed previous MWSF was on live webcast ...

How about this?

Pay perview via Comcast for $5, SJ on Live on TV! i am just crazy over here

Or just offer it on iTunes
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Will it be broadcast over satellite?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Apple doesn't show the Keynote live in Canada anymore.

For several years now, it's been a download-after-the-fact event.

Of course, all that will change next year.

Apple's going to make tons of money selling the Keynote on iTV (or whatever they end up calling it.)
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Apple doesn't show the Keynote live in Canada anymore.

For several years now, it's been a download-after-the-fact event.

Of course, all that will change next year.

Apple's going to make tons of money selling the Keynote on iTV (or whatever they end up calling it.)

It's never live in the US anymore either. Always after-the-fact. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

It's never live in the US anymore either. Always after-the-fact. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

That "never" was recently "always" and could be again soon. Before that, it was always "never".