My controversial idea for Apple's new OS UI in Leopard.

Comments

• Reply 21 of 72
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by josa92 View Post

green rox sox...

Agreed
  • Reply 22 of 72
    I, however, would prefer a totally new UI - something completely different from anything we've seen so far. Sadly, it looks like that is not going to happen, not at least with Leopard.
  • Reply 23 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aryayush View Post

I, however, would prefer a totally new UI - something completely different from anything we've seen so far. Sadly, it looks like that is not going to happen, not at least with Leopard.

I hear 10.6 is going to get 100% voice control over any file or application, even the OS itself. Best part, no need for a Hot Key. There will also be a Multiple Touch, Screen thing (OK, I saw that really cool video in Gametrailers that someone linked to but I forgot the name of it -_-) to replace both the Keyboard, and the current screen. The Trackpad/Mouse will disappear, and for the hardcore, there will be mind control for the Terminal, sadly you won't be able to control everything with your mind yet, just the Terminal because it will be an unfinished technology, but will continue progress so 10.7 will offer full Mind Control instead. You will still have the option of using the old UI though, but there is a catch. Everything will be in GREEN!!!!!

Sebastian

• Reply 24 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

I hear 10.6 is going to get 100% voice control over any file or application, even the OS itself. Best part, no need for a Hot Key. There will also be a Multiple Touch, Screen thing (OK, I saw that really cool video in Gametrailers that someone linked to but I forgot the name of it -_-) to replace both the Keyboard, and the current screen. The Trackpad/Mouse will disappear, and for the hardcore, there will be mind control for the Terminal, sadly you won't be able to control everything with your mind yet, just the Terminal because it will be an unfinished technology, but will continue progress so 10.7 will offer full Mind Control instead. You will still have the option of using the old UI though, but there is a catch. Everything will be in GREEN!!!!!

Sebastian

...and there's that lingering agent problem...
  • Reply 25 of 72
  • Reply 26 of 72
    xyz001xyz001 Posts: 117member
    good thread topic,

lame comments
  • Reply 27 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

in which Apple almost suggests that usefullness is more important than looks, even at the expense of looks (but let's not underestimate how long Apple's UI designers took to choose that color for the scroll bars, and their reasons for picking it, and their reasons for killing most if not all Aqua present too).

this and other comments just makes me think of "what about the holy stone of clonrickert?"

it only takes 1 person with a good eye for colour to pick them, everyone else agrees, and it becomes the accepted norm. .. no real magic in it, just an artistic flare
  • Reply 28 of 72
    Given the brightness of current LCD monitors, a darker color scheme would be easier on the eyes. I use a Shapeshifter theme to give me dark menues, window backdrops, etc. and created a custom desktop which is also dark gray.
  • Reply 29 of 72
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xyz001 View Post

good thread topic,

lame comments

Thank you.
  • Reply 30 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xyz001 View Post

good thread topic,

lame comments

...increased by one.
  • Reply 31 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by willrob View Post

Given the brightness of current LCD monitors, a darker color scheme would be easier on the eyes. I use a Shapeshifter theme to give me dark menues, window backdrops, etc. and created a custom desktop which is also dark gray.

I didn't mean dark menus, just dark selections. The Menus would still be white, and so would the spotlight menu etc., but the location the mouse cursor is selecting, and the spotlight and apple icons would be black instead of blue. It's all about ease-of-use, and I highly doubt Apple would change the white to gray or black.
  • Reply 32 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

...increased by one.

• Reply 33 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I didn't mean dark menus, just dark selections. The Menus would still be white, and so would the spotlight menu etc., but the location the mouse cursor is selecting, and the spotlight and apple icons would be black instead of blue. It's all about ease-of-use, and I highly doubt Apple would change the white to gray or black.

Sadly, it seems Black is the way Apple is going. Even the iPod and the Macbook agree with you

Oh well, I'll just smile and laugh it off until I'm green in the face

Sebastian
  • Reply 35 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by willrob View Post

What about black - cherry?

Read the last sentence from my first post.
  • Reply 36 of 72
    Remember Graphite? It looks pretty black-ish to me. ;-) It has a black/gray apple, a black/gray spotlight icon, black/gray scrolls bars, and probably more. Those are just a few things that I noticed when I switched over to Graphite. And I have to say: it didn't look that appealing. COLOR is a great thing; especially for the apple and the spotlight icon.

Change is BAD!
  • Reply 37 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sorcerer8605 View Post

Remember Graphite? It looks pretty black-ish to me. ;-) It has a black/gray apple, a black/gray spotlight icon, black/gray scrolls bars, and probably more. Those are just a few things that I noticed when I switched over to Graphite. And I have to say: it didn't look that appealing. COLOR is a great thing; especially for the apple and the spotlight icon.

Change is BAD!

You could even be right.
  • Reply 38 of 72
    I happen to think that Apple is moving towards black/silver, and away from White. Also, I think you will be able to choose "Aqua" or "Black Cherry" (just using something that someone said here), instead of being forced to use the new UI. I also think that we will get some radical improvements -- Apple has to do this, so they stand out from Vista. And most of all, I think Leopard will be a transition in the way we look at OS's -- as in, maybe Leopard will introduce new things, and 10.6 and on will improve on them.

I have no basis on this, but I have a feeling I am right. But I could be wrong.
  • Reply 39 of 72
    I hope you guys like the new non-aqua drop down menus?

...here's the old one:

And get a load of the top screenshot of the UI for this new app. Do I smell a ditching of Aqua in the wings?
  • Reply 40 of 72
    I think Aqua as we know it, is going. It is a long time in coming.

Something new is called for.

I think we look to the Leopard preview pages, Aperture and the pro apps for clues as to what is coming.

Vista is over stated.

Leopard may well be over the top in 3d, whizzy core animations...but in the apple classy 'under stated' way.

Lemon Bon Bon

I'm looking forward to Leopard.