News Radio : Your Favorite Episode(s)?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    it was a writer-driven show wasn't it? and it reminded me of green acres (a show often referenced by newsradio) where you take a sane man and throw him in with crazy people and it's the sane man who looks crazy.

i mean dave foley seemed to go "bitchcakes"

do you think that will catch on?

joe furey - writes for watching ellie

(which is much more watchable now)

drake sather wrote zoolander

a couple were/are writers for futurerama

and creator paul simms hasn't done much of anything.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Super-karate Monkey Death Car.

Without a doubt.

"Feel my skills donkey donkey donkey donkey."
  • Reply 23 of 30
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Max's (Jon Lovitz) infatuation with the evil Johnny!

Dave being a Canadian spy. The proof? He knows the ingredients to a Chicken Cordon Bleu!

And Maura Tierney (every episode.)

Dang, I miss this show. I used to watch it on my lunch breaks on A&E everyday.

Jeff
  • Reply 24 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

Max's (Jon Lovitz) infatuation with the evil Johnny!

Dave being a Canadian spy. The proof? He knows the ingredients to a Chicken Cordon Bleu!

And Maura Tierney (every episode.)

Dang, I miss this show. I used to watch it on my lunch breaks on A&E everyday.

Jeff

i adore maura tierney.....

i was driving by the New York, a towering brown apartment building due east of wrigley field and there was a camera crew outside filming, or getting ready to anyway.

so i'm gawking at the crew and kind of roll through the stop sign in front of this building and nearly hit a woman. she just smiled at me, i said sorry and pointed to the cameras in a kind of embarrassing way to explain why i nearly killed her, and as i drove up the street i realized it was maura. oh man i nearly shit 'em.

anyway my favorite max louis moment (other than "prepare yourself for the steel blades of.. the WINDMILL!!!!") is when he quit his job in order to con a date out of beth.

in the end all he gets is a kiss and she repulsively runs away to vomit or something. dave and jimmy console max in his presumed humiliation, only to have max retort, "are you kidding? where i come from i just GOT SOME!"

good times good times.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Remember how in the very first episodes the breakroom was the tape room where they'd record all the commercial spots and show intro's? It shifted pretty quickly to a breakroom, probably the same episode where they replaced the first handyman (what was his name....Jeff?) with Joe Gorelli. I love the way it remained a breakroom in the Titanic episode, but it was just supposed to be on another deck somewhere. I think in the WNYX in Space episode it was the room full of cryo chambers.

How many times did they reference Green Acres? TONS! When Max tells Dave that Mr. James is going to buy him a pig Dave asks him "Are you a big Green Acres fan?" and Max looks at him like "huh?". In the WNYX in Space Dave watches it on his office window/viewscreen. They watch it at the TV store when Dave's trying to get Lisa to buy a television.

Hah, "the windmill". Loved that.

Did Max ever learn Joe-Jitsu properly?

I don't think so~

I worked with Patrick Warburton (Evil Johnny) once but we hardly spoke. He's a BIG guy. Loved him even more in the live-action TICK series.

What did they do to change Watching Ellie I wonder? I just can't do any new shows right now....

"You just barfed in the punchbowl we all drink from and try to tell us that it's alphabet soup!" Bill to Evil Otto, I mean Dave, in regard to the employee evaluation scheme that was actually Lisa's idea. The joy of the show was its constant comedic reinforcement; the running gag. Bill's use of the term "Evil Otto" is funny because it's totally off the wall, but in his style. Katherine's use of the term comes out of the blue to echo Bill's words. It's unexpected, familiar and doubly hysterical now. Really clever writing.

Not sure who my favorite guest character was. Not Garafalo, maybe Dennis Miller but more likely David Cross or John Stuart (Matthew's twin bro).
  • Reply 26 of 30
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I barely remember one where for some reason they have a trial about whether or not George "Goober" Lindsay was alive or not.

But I cracked up so hard when Jimmy walks into the courtroom with Lindsay on the stand.

"Hey Jimmy!"

"Hey Goob!"

So simple, yet so sublime!

Jeff
  • Reply 27 of 30
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Whaaa...I just watched that one yesterday. It's the one where Joe gets Jimmy to say the secret word "Tubalcain" to win the court case. At the very, very end of the episode Jimmy and George "Goober" Lindsey are sitting outside the courtroom on a bench and Jimmy is selling Goober all the crap from the box. Goober asks if he can buy his own skull.

It was really funny when he was on the stand and he stared into the eye sockets of the skull and felt of the top with one hand. He also did the little Goober mouth click and hand signal at people.

Classic.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    bob costas (knocked out joe) bebe neuwirth (put the make on matthew) george hamilton (was going to manufacture beth's mushmouth caps, but they were really dumb donald caps) al roker and scott adams made great cameos.

but my favorite guest star was ben stiller as vic. trying to get bill and matthew to join the gym. calling bill "shock jock" and his show "the morning zoo."

i just thought of a great episode, joe and beth's mural project

STINKBUTT!
  • Reply 29 of 30
    anyone know the episode name where Matthew keeps breaking coffie pots

I cant really remember it..but I do know that jimmy asked what was happening and all they were telling him that matthew was breaking coffie pots and stuff....

anyone got a idea on what the name of the episode is?
  • Reply 30 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scott View Post

Awe don't worry. The real fans know what you meant.

Phil Heartman was the only celebrity death I think I ever cared about. That guy was a huge loss.

Strange that one could care so much about someone one knows nothing about, isn't it? I was pretty saddened by his death also.