Poll: What's Coming???

Comments

• Reply 21 of 56
    Leopard will not be released at MWSF. 10.4.9 hasn't even been released yet.
  • Reply 22 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by C.A.T.S. CEO View Post

Leopard will not be released at MWSF. 10.4.9 hasn't even been released yet.

I don't expect to see Leopard till WWDC.
  • Reply 23 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by REM#1 View Post

I don't expect to see Leopard till WWDC.

Thats insane. Thats way too late. Sometime during the spring or very early summer.
  • Reply 24 of 56
    Apple's homepage shows "Coming spring 2007", so Jobs has to announce the release date at MWSF (Leopard - the entire new OS - is too big for any "special" event; at MWSF, you have media, tons of fans, tons of developers).

Also, Vista is now roaming the planet, so Apple has to respond.
  • Reply 25 of 56
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    I predict new Cinema Displays with built-in iSights and possibly HDMI.
  • Reply 26 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by REM#1 View Post

I don't expect any upgrade to iLife or iWork till Leopard ships. I see this as a marketing strategy. With iLife and iWork built to take advantage of the new features in Leopard it give people greater reason to upgrade increasing apples revenue stream.

This also gives Apple the chance to really streath the capabilities of the suites.

I don't expect an iTablet till Leopard ships for the same reason.

Upgrades to the Mac Mini and the iMac are possible. Only a speed bump to the iMac so that the Mac mini doesn't get into iMac territory.

iPhoto 5 used Core Image, even though it came out a few months before Tiger. Rather than dynamically linking the Core Image libraries, they were directly included into the application.
  • Reply 27 of 56
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

There is a demo of something out at the moment that expires in July, so Leopard will be released well before July, thus I think Jobs will announce the release date in SF. So, they could announce the updates and then release them as well when Leopard ships.

I think we're looking at a window of March-April.

I agree with your leopard analogy. I think Tiger was announced in the same way, and at the exact same time. Tiger" was released on April 29, 2005.
  • Reply 28 of 56
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

I predict new Cinema Displays with built-in iSights and possibly HDMI.

Small Macworld
  • Reply 29 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hledgard View Post

I think you should have included

12" MacBook Pro

Video iPod

New Displays

Agreed... especially the 12" MacBook Pro
  • Reply 30 of 56
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Apple said Spring 07. Steve at the WWDC Keynote said Spring 07. 2007 is a week a way, Spring itself is March 20something to June 20something (I can never remember and the damn Wikipedia Article isn't very clear -_-; ) so I assume that means, SPRING 2007!!

April seems like a good release time. Not too late in the month like March would be, and not too far towards the end of Spring like June. Plus April would be about 2 years after Tiger, and Boot Camp was released on April Fools day in which case, I still think it's a giant April Fools Joke (iWish -_-; )

Sebastian
  • Reply 31 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by C.A.T.S. CEO View Post

Thats insane. Thats way too late. Sometime during the spring or very early summer.

WWDC is usually in late April or early May. Last years was an aberation in terms of time.
  • Reply 32 of 56
    Leopard will more than likely be released in April (1 - 15). As others have stated before me, it is because late March isn't good because it wouldn't get the attention that it deserves.

HOWEVER, this MacWorld many new features are going to be shown, and not just the ones that were shown at WWDC06. I am thinking more features that consumers will use, plus the new UI will be shown.
  • Reply 33 of 56
    WWDC might then be a good time to release Leopard, for immediate release as it is due in the spring.

Otherwise, the date of release is announced at MWSF. I'm counting on this.
  • Reply 34 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwitch

When you wrote "Apple TV" in the poll, I thought you were talking about iTV... @#$%!!

Me too.

Me three!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

I predict new Cinema Displays with built-in iSights

How can that be possible? As far as I know, Apple's displays work with Windows but iSight cameras do not. Please correct me if I am wrong! \
  • Reply 35 of 56
    I somehow have a feeling the upgrades to iLife and iWork and the newly to be released iPlay will all be dependent upon the release of Leopard.

Can we change spring to just mean January?
  • Reply 36 of 56
    I would like to see an Apple tv/media centre. Doubt I could afford it, but I WOULD like to see it.

And screens with higher res and smaller pixels.

And a web browser that saves text nicely.

Oh yeah, and a friend recently showed me how much fun Republic Commando is, so now I want that on my mac as well.
  • Reply 37 of 56
    cesarcesar Posts: 102member
    new mac book pros with dockin' stations, with Two dual-link DVI outputs.

new apple keyboards and mices (wired and wireless). apple could design better keyboards and mices.

Blu-Ray & HD-DVD burners as a BTO in Mac Pro and Mac Book Pro.

Top secret features preview. Leopard release date for March 24,2007

I do not wonder about iLife & iWork because their update is a sure thing, Hope iWork bring two or three new apps. I wonder about new proApps from apple. how about WebObjects? will apple going to open source webobjects?
  • Reply 38 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

When you wrote "Apple TV" in the poll, I thought you were talking about iTV... @#$%!!

Yeah, ME FOUR...!!! "iTV and Leopard is a given" ... Heh.
  • Reply 39 of 56
    Well, maybe stuff htat none of us dreamed of is coming....

http://www.apple.com/
  • Reply 40 of 56
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'm curious about everybody's reasoning for the big iWORK update. Do they put that as wishful thinking, or what they would like to see, or do they actually believe a huge iWork update will be announced at MW? Because that would be somewhat of a big surprising announcement to me.