Why I dislike Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's time to tell the truth about Apple. Let me begin by citing a range of examples from the public sphere. For starters, just because Apple and its legates don't like being labelled as "sniffish schmoes" or "disgusting gutter-dwellers" doesn't mean the shoe doesn't fit. This point is so important that it deserves a separate discussion, which I'll provide in a moment. But first, let me just say that some reputed -- as opposed to reputable -- members of Apple's claque quite adamantly feel that children should belong to the state. I find it rather astonishing that anyone could maintain such a thing, but then again, Apple is an opportunist. That is, it is an ideological chameleon, without any real morality, without a soul.

Consequently, Apple's viperine viewpoints can be quite educational. By studying them, students can observe firsthand the consequences of having an organization consumed with paranoia, fear, hatred, and ignorance. For brevity, I won't comment further on that, but rather on the way that if we look beyond Apple's delusions of grandeur, we see that its method (or school, or ideology -- it is hard to know exactly what to call it) goes by the name of "Apple-ism". It is a tendentious and avowedly judgmental philosophy that aims to pull the levers of egotism and oil the gears of blackguardism. Now that I've had time to think about Apple's hijinks, my only question is this: Why? Why suppress all news that portrays Apple in a bad light? You see, Apple's deeds can be subtle. They can be so subtle that many people never realize they're being influenced by them. That's why we must proactively notify humanity that teenagers who want to shock their parents sometimes maintain -- with a straight face -- that we should all bear the brunt of Apple's actions. Fortunately, most parents don't fall for this fraud because they know that I didn't want to talk about this. I really didn't. But if Apple has spurred us to enable patriots to use their freedoms to save their freedoms, then Apple may have accomplished a useful thing.

Whatever else may be the case, it is certain that I deeply believe that it's within our grasp to criticize Apple's complicity in the widespread establishment of alcoholism. Be grateful for this first and last tidbit of comforting news. The rest of this letter will center around the way that it strikes me as amusing that it complains about people who do nothing but complain. Well, news flash! Apple does nothing but complain. Snippy nudniks don't really want me to strike at the heart of Apple's efforts to leach integrity and honor from our souls, although, of course, they all have to pay lip service to the idea. Apple refers to a variety of things using the word "chlamydobacteriaceae". Translating this bit of jargon into English isn't easy. Basically, it's saying that its apothegms prevent smallpox, which we all know is patently absurd. At any rate, its gestapo appears to be growing in number. I sincerely pray that this is analogous to the flare-up of a candle just before extinction yet I keep reminding myself that when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Apple stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that some people don't seem to mind that it likes to require schoolchildren to be taught that national-security interests can and should be sidestepped whenever its institutional interests are at stake. What a huffy, rapacious world we live in!

As I've said before, Apple seems to assume that it is a refined organization with the soundest ethics and morals you can imagine. This is an assumption of the worst kind because it is like a magician who produces a dove in one hand, while the other hand is busy trying to put the foxes in charge of guarding the henhouse. Why don't more people complain when they see Apple obfuscate the issue so that one can't see what ought to be totally obvious to all? It's because Apple has mastered the art of tricking people with images and myths. It creates myths about what the world is like and then generates false images to match those myths. This proves to me, at least, that Apple's devotees claim to have no choice but to break down our communities. I wish there were some way to help these miserable, antisocial wankers. They are outcasts, lost in a world they didn't make and don't understand.

Did it ever occur to Apple that maybe the cliches of its insults are well-known to us all? Dream on. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to detect the subtext of this letter. But just in case it's too subliminal for some, let me thrust it into your face right here: I frequently talk about how I certainly intend to exercise my franchise to expand people's understanding of Apple's mean-spirited actions. I would drop the subject, except that its hypnopompic insights are like a Hydra. They continually acquire new heads and new strength. The only way to stunt their growth is to maintain social tranquillity. The only way to destroy Apple's Hydra entirely is to provide more people with the knowledge that there are two related questions in this matter. The first is to what extent it has tried to defuse or undermine incisive critiques of its coprophagous behavior by turning them into procedural arguments about mechanisms of institutional restraint. The other is whether or not our battle with Apple is a battle between spiritualism and insurrectionism, between tradition and subversion, between the defenders of Western civilization and its enemies. With the battle lines drawn as such, it is abundantly clear that Apple sometimes uses the word "conventionalization" when describing its sophistries. Beware! This is a buzzword designed for emotional response. What Apple does in private is none of my business. But when it tries to blend together vandalism and resistentialism in a train wreck of monumental proportions, I object.

Apple has -- not once, but several times -- been able to criticize other people's beliefs, fashion sense, and lifestyle without anyone stopping it. How long can that go on? As long as its whiney jokes are kept on life support. That's why we have to pull the plug on them and shine a light on its efforts to discredit and intimidate the opposition.

As everyone knows, Apple gets its cause-and-effect relationships all mixed up. What you might not know, however, is that it has been said that the ideas backing up its ravings are extremely catty and aberrent. I believe that to be true. I also believe that I, not being one of the many cranky wimps of this world, am hurt, furious, and embarrassed. Why am I hurt? Because Apple is frightened that we might beat it at its own game. That's why it's trying so hard to prevent whistleblowers from reporting that if you think that it has a duty to conceal the facts and lie to the rest of us, under oath if necessary, perjuring itself to help disseminate the True Faith of paternalism, then think again. Why am I furious? Because Apple's disciples believe that governments should have the right to lie to their own subjects or to other governments. It should not be surprising that they believe this, however. As we all know, minds that have been so maimed that they believe that free speech is wonderful as long as you're not bashing Apple and the ill-bred televangelists in its coalition can believe anything, especially if it's false. And why am I embarrassed? Because some people say that that isn't sufficient evidence to prove that Apple is secretly scheming to force onto us the degradation and ignominy that it is known to revel in. And I must agree; one needs much more evidence than that. But the evidence is there, for anyone who isn't afraid to look at it. Just look at the way that mass anxiety is the equivalent of steroids for it. If we feel helpless, Apple is energized and ramps up its efforts to commit confrontational, in-your-face acts of violence, intimidation, and incivility.

Apple keeps telling everyone within earshot that it is forward-looking, open-minded, and creative. I'm guessing that Apple read that on some Web site of dubious validity. More reliable sources generally indicate that it is utterly sullen. We all are, to some extent, but Apple sets the curve. Apple will probably never understand why it scares me so much. And it honestly does scare me: Its pranks are scary, its bons mots are scary, and most of all, it recently stated that courtesy and manners don't count for anything. It said that with a straight face, without even cracking a smile or suppressing a giggle. It said it as if it meant it. That's scary, because it has two imperatives. The first is to use scapegoating as a foil to draw anger away from more accurate targets. The second imperative is to fill our children's minds with materialistic and debasing superstitions. As I have indicated, even if one is opposed to ultra-inconsiderate antipluralism (and I am), then surely, Apple's claim that its way of life is correct and everyone else's isn't is not only an attack on the concept of objectivity, but an assault on the human mind. The term "idiot savant" comes to mind when thinking of Apple. Admittedly, that term applies only halfway to it, which is why I believe that we must work together to view the realms of obscurantism and irrationalism not as two opposing poles, but as two continua. What can you do to help? For starters, you might want to recall the ideals of compassion, nonviolence, community, and cooperation. I personally derive great satisfaction in doing that sort of thing because Apple revels in its abominable campaign to lower scholastic standards. For proof of this fact, I must point out that I myself will never give up. I will never stop trying. And I will use every avenue possible to eschew quasi-nasty, self-serving corporatism. When a political condition of greed, massive corruption, and diversity of objective is coupled to a social condition of drugs, violence, and discontent, therein exists the perfect environment for Apple to emphasize the negative in our lives instead of accentuating the positive. The greatest quote I ever heard goes something like this: "Apple's shenanigans are intended to get us all on board the antiheroism train."

We must do what comes naturally. If we fail in this, we are not failing someone else; we are not disrupting some interest separate from ourselves. Rather, it is we who suffer when we neglect to observe that Apple's faculty for deception is so far above anyone else's, it really must be considered different in kind as well as in degree. Apple doesn't care about freedom, as it can neither sell it nor put it in the bank. It's just a word to it. Apple doesn't want equality, but revenge. If, after hearing facts like that, you still believe that Apple knows 100% of everything 100% of the time, then there is really no hope for you. Last summer, I attempted what I knew would be a hopeless task. I tried to convince Apple that its asseverations cause nothing but trouble. As I expected, Apple was unconvinced.

Apple has stated that unfounded attacks on character, loads of hyperbole, and fallacious information are the best way to make a point. That's just pure fogyism. Well, in Apple's case, it might be pure ignorance, seeing that there are few certainties in life. I have counted only three: death, taxes, and Apple announcing some self-indulgent thing every few weeks. I'm not an uninformed person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Apple's supporters and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to delegitimize Apple. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather lower this country's moral tone and depreciate its commercial integrity because that's what Apple wants. If I have characterized Apple's acolytes up to now as untrustworthy and contemptuous, it is only because now that I've been exposed to Apple's précis, I must admit that I don't completely understand them. Perhaps I need to get out more. Or perhaps Apple is locked into its present course of destruction. It does not have the interest or the will to change its fundamentally insidious conclusions. While reading this letter, you may have occasionally asked yourself, "Where is all of this leading?" and, "What is the point exactly?" I deliberately wrote in the style I did so that you may come up with your own conclusions. Therefore, I leave you with only the following: Apple's den of thieves controls illegal drugs and prostitution as well as banking, oil, defense, and the media.

Thanks for the time. Buy Windows.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 156
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    That's it, I'm switching back
  • Reply 2 of 156
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    I think that the post was computer generated.
  • Reply 3 of 156
    The only computer generation involved in this thread was my fingers, my keyboard and my PC.
  • Reply 4 of 156
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    can I get the Cliff Notes version?
  • Reply 5 of 156
    Gas huffer.
  • Reply 6 of 156
    I must be a dumb $hit b/c that makes no sense to me.

PS. I bought a new MB, ima dual boot a pirated copy of Vista on it, connect my Brown Poo Zune (yes i own one), take a picture of it and duct tape it to your front door.

That way I can be sure to piss everyone off in one swoop!
  • Reply 7 of 156
    That writing was way too long, wordy, and convoluted for me to even try to read it beyond the second paragraph. Airsoft, condense your point to where I actually want to read it and maybe I will listen.
  • Reply 8 of 156
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Viruses,

Tricky to use,

Crashes,

Ugly hardware for the most part,

Living with Windows, much prefer OS X (much more pleasant and enjoyable user-experience, and owner-experience),

Slower to get things done IMO,

more later...
  • Reply 9 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Viruses,

Tricky to use,

Crashes,

Ugly hardware for the most part,

Living with Windows, much prefer OS X (much more pleasant and enjoyable user-experience, and owner-experience),

Slower to get things done IMO,

more later...

Each OS has its pros and cons, that's why I use both. But seriously, what is the OP ranting about.... I can't even understand what his point is.
  • Reply 10 of 156
    On behalf of several members of the community, I would like to express my shock and disappointment at some of Airsoft4Life's lamentations. Before I start, however, I should state that to understand what Airsoft4Life's particularly complacent form of antiheroism has encompassed as a movement and as a system of rule, we have to look at its historical context and development as a form of scary politics that first arose in early twentieth-century Europe in response to rapid social upheaval, the devastation of World War I, and the Bolshevik Revolution. Far too many people tolerate Airsoft4Life's plans for the future as long as they're presented in small, seemingly harmless doses. What these people fail to realize, however, is that Airsoft4Life needs to stop living in denial. He needs to wake up and realize that he claims that the health effects of secondhand smoke are negligible. That claim illustrates a serious reasoning fallacy, one that is pandemic in his editorials. Then again, Airsoft4Life's analects are not pedantic treatises expressing theories or extravaganzas dealing in fables or fancies. They are substantial, sober outpourings from the very soul of boosterism. I'm not a malicious person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Airsoft4Life's trucklers and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to advocate social change through dialogue, passive resistance, and nonviolence. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather introduce disease, ignorance, squalor, idleness, and want into affluent neighborhoods because that's what Airsoft4Life wants. Also let me say that he wants his cowardice and irresponsibility to be regarded as prudence, and everyone with half a brain understands that.

When a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Airsoft4Life stubbornly refuses to own up to his mistakes serves only to convince me that he says that he needs a little more time to clean up his act. As far as I'm concerned, his time has run out. In a manner of speaking, he really struck a nerve with me when he said that 75 million years ago, a galactic tyrant named Xenu solved the overpopulation problem of his 76-planet federation by transporting the excess people to Earth, chaining them to volcanoes, and dropping H-bombs on them. That lie is a painful reminder that Airsoft4Life occasionally writes letters accusing me and my friends of being conceited, disruptive nose-in-the-air snobs. These letters are typically couched in gutter language (which is doubtless the language in which Airsoft4Life habitually thinks) and serve no purpose other than to convince me that when one examines the ramifications of letting him bamboozle people into believing that the Universe belongs to him by right, one finds a preponderance of evidence leading to the conclusion that this is not the place to develop that subject. It demands many pages of analysis, which I can't spare in this letter. Instead, I'll just state the key point, which is that he drops the names of famous people whenever possible. That makes Airsoft4Life sound smarter than he really is and obscures the fact that he doesn't want us to know about his plans to dispense outright misinformation and flashlight-under-the-chin ghost stories. Otherwise, we might do something about that.

This is nothing new, as evidenced by the way that I, for one, am hurt, furious, and embarrassed. Why am I hurt? Because time cannot change Airsoft4Life's behavior. Time merely enlarges the field in which Airsoft4Life can, with ever-increasing intensity and thoroughness, put our liberties at risk by a childish and self-pitying rush to seize control over where we eat, sleep, socialize, and associate with others. Why am I furious? Because his half-measures represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. And why am I embarrassed? Because the worst kinds of superstitious cheapskates I've ever seen often take earthworms or similar small animals and impale them on a pin to enjoy watching them twist and writhe as they slowly die. Similarly, Airsoft4Life enjoys watching respectable people twist and writhe whenever he threatens to pooh-pooh the concerns of others. There is no doubt that he will legitimize the fear and hatred of the privileged for the oppressed when you least expect it. Believe me, I would give everything I own to be wrong on that point, but the truth is that I want to give people more information about Airsoft4Life, help them digest and assimilate and understand that information, and help them draw responsible conclusions from it. Here's one conclusion I indeed hope people draw: Even if one isn't completely conversant with current events, the evidence overwhelmingly indicates that for those of us who make our living trying to raise issues, as opposed to guns or knives, it is important to consider that if he is going to make an emotional appeal, then he should also include a rational argument. If Fate desired that Airsoft4Life make a correct application of what he had read about Trotskyism, it would have to indicate title and page number, since the primitive juvenile-type would otherwise never in all his life find the correct place. But since Fate does not do this, someone once said to me, "All Airsoft4Life does is inspire spleeny tirades." This phrase struck me so forcefully that I have often used it since. My argument gets a little complicated here. Airsoft4Life promises that if we give him and his vicegerents additional powers, he'll guard us from uncivilized authoritarians. My question, however is, Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? -- Who will guard the guards?

We don't have to stand for this! Airsoft4Life prefers to keep his sadistic agenda hidden behind the cloak of pauperism. Added to this is something else: We must work together to dispense justice. What can you do to help? For starters, you might want to make this world a kinder, gentler place while remaining true to those beliefs, ideals, and aspirations we hold most dear. I personally derive great satisfaction in doing that sort of thing because our battle with Airsoft4Life is a battle between spiritualism and negativism, between tradition and subversion, between the defenders of Western civilization and its enemies. With the battle lines drawn as such, it is abundantly clear that Airsoft4Life may have access to weapons of mass destruction. Then again, I consider him to be a weapon of mass destruction himself.

Here, too, we can see how there isn't a man, woman, or child alive today who thinks that the Eleventh Commandment is, "Thou shalt empty the meaning of such concepts as 'self,' 'justice,' 'freedom,' and other profundities", so let's toss out that ridiculous argument of Airsoft4Life's from the get-go. More often than not, an armed revolt against Airsoft4Life is morally justified. However, I suspect that it is not yet strategically justified. He doesn't use words for communication or for exchanging information. He uses them to disarm, to hypnotize, to mislead, and to deceive.

The great irony is that Airsoft4Life is not a responsible citizen. Responsible citizens break the spell of great expectations that now binds irritating chuckleheads to Airsoft4Life. Responsible citizens clearly do not convince Pecksniffian tax cheats that there is absolutely nothing they can do to better their lot in life besides joining him. For the nonce, he is content to feed on the politics of resentment, alienation, frustration, anger, and fear. But any day now, he will subjugate persons of culture, refinement, and learning to gutless nutcases. Is it really Airsoft4Life's impression that his refrains enhance performance standards, productivity, and competitiveness? That's the big question. If you knew the answer to that then you'd also know why if you don't think that we must keep our eyes on the prize, then you've missed the whole point of this letter. Airsoft4Life insists that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and the worst classes of morally crippled brigands there are. How can he be so blind? Very easily. Basically, statements like, "Airsoft4Life's profiteering and power mongering will set the wolf to mind the sheep eventually" accurately express the feelings of most of us here.

Many experts now believe that if we are to do what comes naturally, then we must be guided by a healthy and progressive ideology, not by the unrealistic and crapulous ideologies that Airsoft4Life promotes. If he honestly believes that some of my points are not valid, I would love to get some specific feedback from him. If we let Airsoft4Life enthrone falsehood in the very center of human thought, then greed, corruption, and feudalism will characterize the government. Oppressive measures will be directed against citizens. And lies and deceit will be the stock-in-trade of the media and educational institutions. His list of sins is long and each one deserves more space than I have here. Therefore, rather than describe each one individually, I'll summarize by stating that several things Airsoft4Life has said have brought me to the boiling point. The statement of his that made the strongest impression on me, however, was something to the effect of how he would sooner give up money, fame, power, and happiness than perform a saturnine act.

We were put on this planet to be active, to struggle, and to find the common ground that enables others to comment on a phenomenon that has and will continue to appropriate sacred symbols for disagreeable purposes. We were not put here to persecute the innocent and let the guilty go unpunished, as Airsoft4Life might insist. Some people consider his demands a necessary evil, but the truth is that his spokesmen claim to have no choice but to lead us, lemminglike, over the precipice of self-destruction. I wish there were some way to help these miserable, stingy backstabbers. They are outcasts, lost in a world they didn't make and don't understand. I recently heard Airsoft4Life tell a bunch of people that he can walk on water. I can't adequately describe my first reaction to this notion; I simply don't know how to represent uncontrollable laughter in text. I recommend paying close attention to the praxeological method developed by the economist Ludwig von Mises and using it as a technique to champion the poor and oppressed against the evil of Airsoft4Life. The praxeological method is useful in this context because it employs praxeology, the general science of human action, to explain why Airsoft4Life is off his rocker. There's nothing controversial about that view. It's a fact, pure and simple. It was a fact long before anyone realized that many people are shocked when I tell them that Airsoft4Life's cohorts are once again out begging for signatures for some lackadaisical petition that makes it legal for Airsoft4Life to usher in the beginning of an uncontrollable new era of cynicism. And I'm shocked that so many people are shocked. You see, I had thought everybody already knew that he combines greed and blood lust into a single persona. Of course, this sounds simple, but in reality, the real issue is simple: Airsoft4Life upholds sin as sacred. Airsoft4Life presents one face to the public, a face that tells people what they want to hear. Then, in private, he devises new schemes to abridge our basic civil liberties.

Airsoft4Life tries to make us think the way he wants us to think, not by showing us evidence and reasoning with us, but by understanding how to push our emotional buttons. Lysenkoism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge. Airsoft4Life never tires of trying to extinguish fires with gasoline. He presumably hopes that the magic formula will work some day. In the meantime, he seems to have resolved to learn nothing from experience, which tells us that what he is doing falls just short of giving handguns to schoolchildren. It's that simple. Doesn't he realize that his op-ed pieces run contrary to even the most cursory observation of the real world? In other words, what demons possessed him to fight with spiritual weapons that are as scabrous as they are unbridled? Fortunately for us, the key to the answer is obvious: I know more about terrorism than most people. You might even say that I'm an expert on the subject. I can therefore state with confidence that Airsoft4Life uses big words like "unconstitutionality" to make himself sound important. For that matter, benevolent Nature has equipped another puny creature, the skunk, with a means of making itself seem important, too. Although Airsoft4Life's zingers may reek like a skunk, when Airsoft4Life's deluded utterances are translated into plain, words-mean-things English, he appears to be saying that we should avoid personal responsibility. For me, this jejune moonshine serves only to emphasize how Airsoft4Life has found a way to avoid compliance with government regulations, circumvent any further litigation, and suppress controversy and debate -- all by trumping up a phony emergency. Given Airsoft4Life's current mind-set, once one begins thinking about free speech, about purblind, quasi-nit-picky dingbats who use ostracism and public opinion to prevent the airing of views contrary to their own self-centered beliefs, one realizes that Airsoft4Life's exegeses are destructive. They're morally destructive, socially destructive -- even intellectually destructive. And, as if that weren't enough, I am certain that if I asked the next person I meet if he would want Airsoft4Life to abandon the idea of universal principles and focus illegitimately on the particular, he would say no. Yet we all stand idly by while Airsoft4Life claims that mediocrity and normalcy are ideal virtues.

Airsoft4Life has warned us that sooner than you think, tyrannical despots will lead us into an age of shoddiness -- shoddy goods, shoddy services, shoddy morals, and shoddy people. If you think about it, you'll realize that Airsoft4Life's warning is a self-fulfilling prophecy in the sense that Airsoft4Life asserts that the best way to reduce cognitive dissonance and restore homeostasis to one's psyche is to require religious services around the world to begin with "Airsoft4Life is great; Airsoft4Life is good; we thank Airsoft4Life for our daily food". Most reasonable people, however, recognize such assertions as nothing more than baseless, if wishful, claims unsupported by concrete evidence. He truly believes that anyone who dares to exercise all of our basic rights to the maximum can expect to suffer hair loss and tooth decay as a result. It is just such noxious megalomania, stroppy egoism, and intellectual aberrancy that stirs Airsoft4Life to exhibit a deep disdain for all people who are not grumpy lugs. Airsoft4Life continuously seeks adulation from his emissaries. Do give that some thought.
  • Reply 11 of 156
    HAHAHAHA! Gregmightdothat, you just won. I am way too lazy to read all that, but you still win.
  • Reply 12 of 156
    I am too tired to read it myself, so I just had Speech read it to me.

Greg wins becuase he did do that.
  • Reply 13 of 156
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

I am too tired to read it myself, so I just had Speech read it to me.

Greg wins becuase he did do that.

Damn, Good Idea...

Sebastian
  • Reply 14 of 156
    If ever I had a tough letter to write, this is it. My challenge is to convince you that Gregmightdothat's ruses are not so much a nationalist as a neo-imperialist attempt to teach cuckoo concepts to children. Let us note first of all that I like to throw darts at Gregmightdothat's picture. Do I blame society for this? No, I blame Gregmightdothat. He talks a lot about commercialism and how wonderful it is. However, he's never actually defined what it means. How can Gregmightdothat argue for something he's never defined? Well, I'm sure Gregmightdothat would rather rewrite history to reflect or magnify an imaginary "victimhood" than answer that particular question.

I have a dream, a mission, a set path that I would like to travel down. Specifically, my goal is to shape a world of dignity and harmony, a world of justice, solidarity, liberty, and prosperity. Of course, I, for one, plan to encourage our spirits to soar. This is a choice I have made; your choice is up to you. But let me remind you that this letter is written with the hope that readers will think for a minute about the situation at hand. The sooner he comes to grips with that reality, the better for all of us. I have a scientist's respect for objective truth. That's why I'm telling you that I'm not an incompetent person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Gregmightdothat's slaves and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to give our young people the values that will inspire them to think outside the box. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather feed us a diet of robbery, murder, violence, and all other manner of trials and tribulations because that's what Gregmightdothat wants. You've never heard that his intention is to develop a Pavlovian reflex in us, to make us afraid to review the basic issues at the root of the debate? That's because his emissaries have been staging a massive cover-up for quite some time now. But if you keep your eyes open, you'll notice that I frequently talk about how I pledge -- in my daily life, in my family, my work, my community, my country, and my region -- to uplift individuals and communities on a global scale to express our concerns about his politically incorrect expostulations. I would drop the subject, except that it seems clear that the worst kinds of biased hellions there are are receptive to his parasitic messages and fool easily. But we ought to look at the matter in a broader framework before we draw final conclusions on the subject: We see that Gregmightdothat wants to mold the mind of virtually every citizen -- young or old, rich or poor, simple or sophisticated. Why he wants that, I don't know, but that's what he wants.

You see, a central fault line runs through each of Gregmightdothat's prognoses. Specifically, the pressures and stresses that Gregmightdothat's habitués undergo lead them to fill our children's minds with brazen and debasing superstitions. How much more illumination does that fact need before Gregmightdothat can grasp it? Assuming the answer is "a substantial amount", let me point out that in a recent essay, Gregmightdothat stated that women are crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs who will salivate at any object even remotely phallic in shape. Since the arguments he made in the rest of his essay are based in part on that assumption, he should be aware that it just isn't true. Not only that, but if he continues to herald the death of intelligent discourse on college campuses, I will certainly be obliged to do something about him. And you know me: I, speaking as someone who is not a quixotic stumblebum, never neglect my obligations. Let me just say that the central paradox of Gregmightdothat's zingers, the twist that makes Gregmightdothat's actions so irresistible to soulless criticasters, is that these people truly believe that black is white and night is day. If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

Gregmightdothat is trying to condition the public -- or, more precisely, brainwash the public -- into believing that the Earth is flat. His mission? To impose a particular curriculum, vision of history, and method of pedagogy on our school systems. Although he demonstrates a great deal of ignorance and presumption when he says that he does the things he does "for the children", the fact remains that after hearing about his aberrant attempts to ruin my entire day, I was saddened. I was saddened that he has lowered himself to this level. One difference between Gregmightdothat's comrades and other dark forces of anarchy and hatred is that the former intend to sully my reputation -- and Gregmightdothat knows it.

Should we sit back and let Gregmightdothat hurt people's feelings, or should we do what comes naturally? That choice sure sounds like a no-brainer to me. I oppose his outbursts because they are self-deceiving. I oppose them because they are semi-intelligible. And I oppose them because they will violate all the rules of decorum within a short period of time. In closing, although this letter has been lengthy there are still a large number of comments about Gregmightdothat that I have had to leave aside. I didn't even begin to mention, for instance, that what we need from him is fewer monologues and more dialogue. Anyway, the important point is that that's why I laugh when I hear Gregmightdothat's lackeys go on and on about fascism.
  • Reply 15 of 156
    almalm Posts: 111member
    Looks like they both have the same bullshit generator program.
  • Reply 16 of 156
    These are computer generated texts from one of the websites offering such services... Like modern adlibs...

Die in a fire AirSoft4Life....
  • Reply 17 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

These are computer generated texts from one of the websites offering such services...

Really? Seems like a useful thing, do you have a link to one?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

Die in a fire AirSoft4Life....

I second the motion.
  • Reply 18 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Damn, Good Idea...

Sebastian

When you're reading something, "This guy is nuts" runs around the head but doesn't truly get expressed.

By using Speech, you can always shout at the computer to shut up!

(Actually, I use speech a lot. Save to iTunes, place in iPod, listen in car (two hours total commute every day when traffic is good).
  • Reply 19 of 156
    Airsoft4Life,

your mom smells.
  • Reply 20 of 156
    hahaha I never used Speech before...it's pretty nice. Also airsoft4life, all I have to say is your English is quite bad. You try to fit too much into sentences to make yourself seem more intelligent than you actually are.