Lost my AirTunes button.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm running iTunes 7 under Tiger. I just noticed that the button that used to be to the bottom right corner in my iTunes main window that allows me to switch between Airports (AirTunes) isn't there. My Airport Express isn't hooked up to my receiver currently. Could that be the problem? Will my button return after I hook it back up or is there some other way to connect with iTunes 7?

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsahiToro View Post

I'm running iTunes 7 under Tiger. I just noticed that the button that used to be to the bottom right corner in my iTunes main window that allows me to switch between Airports (AirTunes) isn't there. My Airport Express isn't hooked up to my receiver currently. Could that be the problem? Will my button return after I hook it back up or is there some other way to connect with iTunes 7?

Thanks for any input.

That popup menu is only available when there is more than one speaker to choose from. So if you don't have AirPort Express hooked up, then it won't be a choice; therefore, there won't be a need for iTunes to show the menu.

That's likely the problem.

Another possibility is that in iTunes -> Preferences -> Advanced -> General, you have "Look for remote speakers connected with AirTunes" disabled.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks Chucker,

I have the appropriate button selected in the Preferences so it must be that I don't have the AirPort hooked up currently. I'll hook it up later today and see if that fixes things.

Thanks again.