Set up for more disappointment?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
All this talk of the iPhone, or whatever you want to call it, appears to be the thing THIS YEAR that will leave most in this forum underwhelmed and disatisfied with the content of the Keynote.

Last year I think it was the iHome/Media Center, or Plasma TV with Mac OS. It seems we have a tendency to build our hopes around a specific item and lose sight of the great stuff that actually is introduced.

Nonetheless, it's clear that Apple needs to enter the cell phone game. The pent up demand is enough to justify the development costs, even if they just slap an Apple logo on an old Motorola.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sport73 View Post

All this talk of the iPhone, or whatever you want to call it, appears to be the thing THIS YEAR that will leave most in this forum underwhelmed and disatisfied with the content of the Keynote.

Last year I think it was the iHome/Media Center, or Plasma TV with Mac OS. It seems we have a tendency to build our hopes around a specific item and lose sight of the great stuff that actually is introduced.

Nonetheless, it's clear that Apple needs to enter the cell phone game. The pent up demand is enough to justify the development costs, even if they just slap an Apple logo on an old Motorola.

This thread is finished IMO, as you have said all there is to say, it's all true, you have good points.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sport73 View Post

Last year I think it was the iHome/Media Center,

Strangely enough, we're getting that this year! (Sounds a lot like the iTV, no?)

Maybe the iPhone will appear in 2008
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    At this stage I have thoroughly scoured the current and previous generation Apple products - desktop, laptop, iPods... Checked Apple.com official, Apple resellers and department stores in my city and neighbouring cities, eBay, and so on. So even if *nothing* is released, I'm happy with the current line-up and making my decision (holding off until new MacBook with bigger screen and comes with Leopard).

So I have no expectations for the keynote, just interest to see what happens. I do not own AAPL shares. So I'd say I'm safe enough from disappointment.

I don't need any new model iPhone or iPod, I have a SonyEricsson v600i and access to an iPod Shuffle (latest) once in a while.

I want a 15" MacBook (not MacBookPro) with a decent quality screen (colour, contrast, viewing angle). I know this is very unlikely at Macworld in a week's time, but it is possible and worth the wait perhaps for when new Macs start shipping with Leopard.