"First 30 years just the beginning..."

Comments

• Reply 21 of 159
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Black is the kind of color that gets old really fast. Sure it would be nice at first, but I assure, soon after people would be clambering for a GUI change AGAIN. Really what'd I'd like to see is a very nice main theme with one additional alternate theme (possibly black). This gives variety while maintaining a semi-standard look.
  • Reply 22 of 159
    One of the first ever things on the homepage that doesn't link to something. And btw, it doesn't link to MacWorld San Fran Expo site. I don't think this really has anything to do with the expo specifically. I'm sure this will be a huge year for Apple, but I don't think its specifically MWSF.

Just a Happy New Years message and a teaser for the entire year. Especially since they probably wanted to officially retire the old ads and didn't have anything else to put on the main page.
  • Reply 23 of 159
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    They won't go too extreme. There are still A LOT of fans of their current theme, so at the very least there will be some way to go back to the old style.
  • Reply 24 of 159
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    The name of the file is: welcome2007_20070101.jpg. Maybe it's part of a series.

My guess is this represents the dawning of a new era for Apple. New partnerships, new products that go beyond the box, beyond the iPod. It's Leopard and a mobile version of OS X. As Steve Jobs said October 18, “Looking forward, 2007 is likely to be one of the most exciting new product years in Apple’s history.”

This graphic represents Apple's enthusiasm over things to come.
  • Reply 25 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

The name of the file is: welcome2007_20070101.jpg. Maybe it's part of a series.

My guess is this represents the dawning of a new era for Apple. New partnerships, new products that go beyond the box, beyond the iPod. It's Leopard and a mobile version of OS X. As Steve Jobs said October 18, ?Looking forward, 2007 is likely to be one of the most exciting new product years in Apple?s history.?

This graphic represents Apple's enthusiasm over things to come.

I agree, everyone knows it's so unlike Steve to exaggerate.
  • Reply 26 of 159
    I predict that this graphic will disappear at the stroke of midnight (PST) ... nothing more than a hyperbolic 'Happy New Year' message; the filename denoting only that it's to be posted on 01/01 2007.
  • Reply 27 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

I predict that this graphic will disappear at the stroke of midnight (PST) ... nothing more than a hyperbolic 'Happy New Year' message; the filename denoting only that it's to be posted on 01/01 2007.

This was my thinking. And to all those over hyping it - even if it is up there until MWSF, that still doesn't mean its specifically about MWSF.
  • Reply 28 of 159
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

This was my thinking. And to all those over hyping it - even if it is up there until MWSF, that still doesn't mean its specifically about MWSF.

Heh, Macrumors has an interesting article about it, or more specifically, what happened in 2002.

Sebastian
  • Reply 29 of 159
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Why do you use Safari full-screen?

Grumble.

What are you talking about? Why do you care? I like full-screen, I use exposé, end of story. That's how I work best, and I'm happy this way.

/anyway my moniter is only 17", so. Nothing you could say would get me to change my mind about this, I like full-screen.
  • Reply 30 of 159
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    I use full-screen too, exposé, and Desktop Manager. I'm happy too
  • Reply 31 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Black is the kind of color that gets old really fast. Sure it would be nice at first, but I assure, soon after people would be clambering for a GUI change AGAIN. Really what'd I'd like to see is a very nice main theme with one additional alternate theme (possibly black). This gives variety while maintaining a semi-standard look.

Black is both out and in fashion always. There's plenty of other colors in the OS, with icons, desktops, etc. etc. etc. black is just a part of that.
  • Reply 32 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

What are you talking about? Why do you care? I like full-screen, I use exposé, end of story. That's how I work best, and I'm happy this way.

/anyway my moniter is only 17", so. Nothing you could say would get me to change my mind about this, I like full-screen.

I only care because your screen-shot is freakin' huge.
  • Reply 33 of 159
    This teaser is huge. It obviously means that Apple plans to move into a whole new product category.

They obviously didn't put the graphic up just to let us know it was 2007. They are saying what happened before is just a starting point. Now, obviously this means they're going to do more than just speed up the Mac Mini and iBooks. And they can't really improve iPod or iTMS sales because they already have 80% of the market.

So it sounds like there will be an iPhone and that iTV is more than just a box for the computer to beam your stuff to.
  • Reply 34 of 159
    Quote:

I only care because your screen-shot is freakin' huge.

Oh, in that case I have changed the image.
  • Reply 35 of 159
    Quote:

Oh, in that case I have changed the image.

Thanks.
  • Reply 36 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spindler View Post

This teaser is huge. It obviously means that Apple plans to move into a whole new product category.

They obviously didn't put the graphic up just to let us know it was 2007. They are saying what happened before is just a starting point. Now, obviously this means they're going to do more than just speed up the Mac Mini and iBooks. And they can't really improve iPod or iTMS sales because they already have 80% of the market.

So it sounds like there will be an iPhone and that iTV is more than just a box for the computer to beam your stuff to.

Perhaps the backlighting, in addition to representing the new year, represents the glow of an iTV-equipped living room.
  • Reply 37 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spindler View Post

I actually think it implies that this year (2007) specifically will be huge, as opposed to the next 30 years. I said last year that 2007 will be the year of Apple (TYOA), and I think Apple is thinking the same thing. 2006 was a transitional year for Apple, for the most part, and it went very very smoothly. 2007 IMO will be Apple's biggest BOOM year since 1998, and possibly even since 1984.
  • Reply 38 of 159
    The text in the image just changed to something else!!

• Reply 39 of 159
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:

The text in the image just changed to something else!!

• Reply 40 of 159
    There haven't been 30 years of George Bush, thankfully, but I think we should be prepared for 2007!

---

This is a big, big teaser. Quick, Ireland: post your widget image. I need to know how little sleep I will get until we know the answer.

Arrrrgghhhh! Off the the bank to rearrange my portfolio so I can spend more money! Another loan won't hurt...