"First 30 years just the beginning..."

Comments

• Reply 81 of 159
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thorts View Post

I think the folks at Ars got it right. The image looks like and ECLIPSE to me...the sun coming back from behing the moon..with the Apple just being in silhouette. What could that mean?

A new year at Apple?
  • Reply 82 of 159
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thorts View Post

I think the folks at Ars got it right. The image looks like and ECLIPSE to me...the sun coming back from behing the moon..with the Apple just being in silhouette. What could that mean?

I'm not sure, but I know one thing.. you and a lot of other people are reading way too deeply into it.
  • Reply 83 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

A new year at Apple?

• Reply 84 of 159
    Reading too much into it? This is a sign, man, a sign. We must interpret it ad try to discover its true meaning. [What exactly was in that drink, honey?]

With this kind of teaser, the rumor boards are going to go mad until next week with every possible (and not so possible) interpretation, so I think we should just go on and make a list. Who cares if we are right or not; this is TEMPORARY INSANITY and my blood pressure has already increased due to the excitement.

- an eclipse

- a projector

- a projected image

- a new, Apple-based religion (the light is shining over the Apple)

- new headlights for my car (like the Bat symbol, Apple symbols)

- a meaningless tease to get us into a frenzy

- the heralding of the dawn of a new era

Ok. Now let some other people have a run at it, get it out of their systems, and then we can return to the real insanity.

Welcome to 2007.
  • Reply 85 of 159
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    AHA! The internet Anagram server gave me the answer! I put in the letters from teh apple.com banner and got:

THE FIRST 30 YEARS WERE JUST THE BEGINNING WELCOME TO 2007

is really:

FAT EERY SHIRTS BE GREEN JET GUNS WITHIN COW OMELET 03 2007

March! 03 2007, we have the answer!
  • Reply 86 of 159
  • Reply 87 of 159
    Lovely.. I always wanted a set of Jet Guns!
  • Reply 88 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

AHA! The internet Anagram server gave me the answer! I put in the letters from teh apple.com banner and got:

THE FIRST 30 YEARS WERE JUST THE BEGINNING WELCOME TO 2007

is really:

FAT EERY SHIRTS BE GREEN JET GUNS WITHIN COW OMELET 03 2007

March! 03 2007, we have the answer!

Oh man that is freaking HILARIOUS!!!

and I think it's all about making a new splash/startup screen for all macs and iPods. WOOOO! Just look at the banner, ignore the text, and you have a kickass startup screen!

btw, I think that the 8-core Mac Pros will be unveiled at MWSF 2007.

6 Days, 9 Hours, 5 Minutes to go!
  • Reply 89 of 159
    Wow... I agree that a LOT of you are looking a little too-deeply into symbolism and hidden meanings. I think it's simply just a teaser that this year is going to be an exciting one - almost a new beginning for Apple with some of the new announcements.

I doubt there are any hints to "specifics" within the message or imagery...

...just a general "Hey, Happy new year and stay tuned for some cool stuff coming soon...!"

just my 2¢...
  • Reply 90 of 159
    Apple releases a FAT EERY SHIRT, in white or, for 5.99 extra, black.
  • Reply 91 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scott Finlayson View Post

Wow... I agree that a LOT of you are looking a little too-deeply into symbolism and hidden meanings. I think it's simply just a teaser that this year is going to be an exciting one - almost a new beginning for Apple with some of the new announcements.

I doubt there are any hints to "specifics" within the message or imagery...

...just a general "Hey, Happy new year and stay tuned for some cool stuff coming soon...!"

just my 2¢...

Welcome to Temporary Insanity!!

I think the use of a black Apple symbol forbodes dark times ahead filled with naysayers and protestants. The white light shining behind it is the Truth, or the Way of the Mac.

We're all here to go a little crazy for the next six days or so.
  • Reply 92 of 159
    to join in the rampant crazieness of this thread

i think it is the sun SETTING behind the Apple logo.. vista will be the new mac platform, bootcamp was the thin end of the wedge

Apple is TEH DOOOOMMMED!!!!!111!!!!

6 dayZ till windoze rulezzezzz!!1111!!11ONE!!
  • Reply 93 of 159
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I think the sun is setting on Apple. Steve Jobs is going to close down Apple, and give the money back to the shareholders. Just like he should have done long ago, as we all know...
  • Reply 94 of 159
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Okay, I've had enough of the stupidness!

Temporary Insanity or not, you all are reading way too much into that thing. You're already letting the Reality Distortion Field mess up your brains. Apple is trying to get you excited and it looks like it's working. I just don't want you all to be too disappointed when the new products don't end up being life changing.

If there's one thing I know about the Apple rumor mill, it's that the more you hear about it -- especially from analysts -- the more likely it is going to happen. We've heard a lot about the "iPhone", and although it won't be called that, it will be released. Apple sees this as moving forward from what was "just the beginning."

The "iPod chat" will be the big announcement out of Macworld. Available from Verizon and Cingular. Apple can't help but continue the iPod branding they've established and continue with the lower case second word moniker they've used with iPod shuffle, iPod nano, and iPod mini.

Let me finish by saying I have NO inside information about any of this. I'm just going on Apple's previous practices, what I've heard in the rumor mill, and some educated guessing. That's all, and you are welcome to disagree with me. Cheers.
  • Reply 95 of 159
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

A new year at Apple?

Apple SkyLab
  • Reply 96 of 159
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scottiB View Post

Apple SkyLab

Close.

Apple is announcing the are dropping the Macintosh name altogether, and coming out with a new line of supercomputers that will all wirelessly network with each other across the globe. They will be calling this initiative: Skynet

Skynet will be capable of handling any computing task for you. It will also be able to manufacture its own robots that will be able to handle any physical task for you.

Here's the preliminary design of a Skynet robot:

• Reply 97 of 159
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Cow Omelets? EWW!

Bergermeister actually mentioned something that peaked my interest: a projected image.

The image could be seen as the glare from a movie projection from behind the apple.

Is this "The Year of Movies?"

"way beyond" iTV?

FCP6 Extreme?

Out of the box compatibility with the RED HD camera?

I'm guessing madly here...
  • Reply 98 of 159
    yamasyamas Posts: 16member
    Hey, just maybe its the dawn of a new apple.

Opposed to the sun setting on the last 30 years, think differenet, think positive!
  • Reply 99 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yamas View Post

Hey, just maybe its the dawn of a new apple.

Opposed to the sun setting on the last 30 years, think differenet, think positive!

Think........Woz! OMG! They're bringing back Woz!
  • Reply 100 of 159
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    TimeMachine (FrontRow, ...) shows it:

the "new" color is black (I know, black is no color... just the lack of light....)

plus

moving images/4D as part of the GUI ...

.. that's an improvement for the non-dial-tone-generation ...