TurboTax or H&R Block TaxCut?

sbhsbh
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Any opinions or advice as to which is better (on a mac)?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    I used Taxcut for years. Last year then decided not to make a Mac version, so I had to switch to TurboTax. I didn't see a whole lot of difference using the two, although I seemed to have more problems electronically filing with Taxcut. Since Block didn't deem the Mac audience worthy last year, I've decided to stay with TurboTax, even though it costs a little more.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    this is the reason we should unite together and push for affordable Macs. If more ppl use them, then software enginers will write! If you build it, they will come
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    H&R Block TaxCut
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Get a real tax guy.

My guy is a former IRS auditor. He knows all the ins and outs - much more than any computer application.

He saves me thousands a year and he'll represent me for free if the IRS decides to audit me.

I used to use TurboTax when things were simple. It was quite adequate.

But then I found a great job that bumped me up in a new tax bracket, started investing heavily and when that happens, you need a real guy.

No matter how much you make a year (especially if you are young) - learn about investing and start now!

Even $20 a week will make a huge difference if you have discipline and stick to a savings plan.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Use the online version of TurboTax.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    regreg Posts: 832member
    We have been using TurboTax for many years and like it. The only problem we had was that it did not have one of the forms we needed. I cann't remember the number now but it was for reporting mortgage interest for a loan we held for property we sold. The form was also not availible on line and required a typewriter. I was so glad when it was finally paid off. If your returns are not that complicated doing them yourself is the way to go.