New Video iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
When can we expect the new line of video iPods to be released? My old iPod just died and don't know if I should wait for the full screen video iPod??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    At the very least wait to see if there is an announcement at MacWorld '07 on January 9. It's unlikely but you never know what Apple will (or won't) surprise us with.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rayapple View Post

When can we expect the new line of video iPods to be released? My old iPod just died and don't know if I should wait for the full screen video iPod??

I just got the Sandisk Sansa e200 for Xmas. It has a FM tuner and a voice recorder along with the Video ipod features, it also looks pretty sturdy as well.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Tomorrow, we'll see them tomorrow. Steve Jobs told me himself on my red bat phone. Seriously...nobody knows or has the slightest inkling of when new Apple products are going to be released.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    applepiapplepi Posts: 365member
    I sure hope so. But honestly I don't care if it's widescreen. I can just hold the current screen closer to my face. I just want one in a second gen nano style body that won't scratch they way my current one is all scratched to hell. Something in a 100gig capacity or an 80gig in a slim 30gig body would be cool. It would also be great to have Bluetooth headphone support. And Divx/Xvid playback, but that will never happen.

I really don't get why everyone cares so much about a bigger screen. Although I wouldn't turn it down so long as battery life was the same as it is now, it's certainly not the top feature I'd be after.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    The 2.5" screen is fine for me too. Any bigger, the battery consumption will go up, and I really like the 80GB video iPod's 20 hour battery life.

Dunno how come you're scratching yours. I sleeved mine in polmer PVC and then carry it in a robust hard perspex case. It only ever comes out to recharge. The hard perspex cases sell cheap too.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    2.5" is okay for you? it seems too small to watch movies on. don't your eyes hurt after a while?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    actually no - I'm slightly short-sighted, so I can view from pillow distance.

The only problem is falling asleep on top of the iPod whilst watching movies...
  • Reply 8 of 8
    techboytechboy Posts: 183member
    I'm also waiting for the next gen iPod, I think battery life > touch screen > screen size. If there isn't any big changes, I would just wait for prices to drop and pick up the 80gb 5th gen ipod.